Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Finish this sentence... Praying mantis aerobar position is better if... [TriChris14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriChris14 wrote:
Interesting. Never had a fully integrated bar setup, as at the time (10-15 yrs ago) less options were available. Always went back to profile due to their high level of adjustability (relative to other clip-ons) and fully integrated ones. Although, now it seems there are way more options.

Will likely play around with this this winter. My biggest limiter here is that sometimes I just hate experimenting because it takes the joy out of the little time I have to train to begin with...

No kidding... you have to embrace the process or it's just a huge PITA that sucks the joy out of it all.
Quote Reply
Re: Finish this sentence... Praying mantis aerobar position is better if... [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very True!!!!! I almost want to buy another bike just to fiddle with positions so that I can ride mine whenever just as is...

Running is the best source of fiber that I know of...
Quote Reply
Re: Finish this sentence... Praying mantis aerobar position is better if... [DonV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DonV wrote:
and shortening their reach.

Loss of reach = stack height x cos(tilt angle)

Unless you've got like 100mm of stack spacers and you tilt clip-ons on a basebar like 30 degrees which is a lot of "mantis" then you don't lose enough reach to get you out of just using the built in fit adjustments.

I would think most folks use about 50mm or so and probably just do 15 degrees. At that you're losing less than 2mm of reach.
Quote Reply
Re: Finish this sentence... Praying mantis aerobar position is better if... [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on the bar and the amount of adjustability it might have, along with how you position yourself on the pads in both positions. It can be noticeable for some.

Edit: my bars were angled approx 40 degrees
Last edited by: DonV: Sep 22, 22 22:12
Quote Reply
Re: Finish this sentence... Praying mantis aerobar position is better if... [DonV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was checking a similar topic today
https://www.aero-coach.co.uk/...d-aerobar-extensions
If your in mantis, then the hands are on yop of eachother.
You might gain some elsewhere but lose a few watts at the hands.
Quote Reply

Prev Next