Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fastest front wheel in 2022/23? [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ex-cyclist wrote:

Yeah Velosa has it on sale for $345US shipped to the US. Bang for the buck is hard to beat. I race it on the track as well, and it’s plenty stiff. The old Hed was a noodle.

Just repeating in case anyone cares. Velosa sells wheels with HED stickers on them. Just for anyone not comfortable doing business with an alibaba store engaged in brand theft. Possibly stealing intellectual property by copying molds is one thing, but direct theft of branding is where I draw the line. /virtuesignalling.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest front wheel in 2022/23? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Ex-cyclist wrote:

Yeah Velosa has it on sale for $345US shipped to the US. Bang for the buck is hard to beat. I race it on the track as well, and it’s plenty stiff. The old Hed was a noodle.

Just repeating in case anyone cares. Velosa sells wheels with HED stickers on them. Just for anyone not comfortable doing business with an alibaba store engaged in brand theft. Possibly stealing intellectual property by copying molds is one thing, but direct theft of branding is where I draw the line. /virtuesignalling.

That's fair..

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest front wheel in 2022/23? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Ex-cyclist wrote:

Oh that's crappy, I didn't realize they were doing that. The one I got was just plain unbranded carbon.

Quote Reply
Re: Fastest front wheel in 2022/23? [Allanhov] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run a 10 year old set of HED wheels. Jet 9 front and disc rear set up with 23mm GP 5000 and latex tubes. A bit over 27 mph on around 300 NP in a local Olympic race yesterday. Fastest bike of the day by over 90 seconds and lots of others I saw on Strava had the latest and greatest wheels and frames and had higher watts than me. Honestly, some old stuff is still pretty decent.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest front wheel in 2022/23? [RJones07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RJones07 wrote:
trail wrote:
Ex-cyclist wrote:

Oh that's crappy, I didn't realize they were doing that. The one I got was just plain unbranded carbon.

Darth Vader wants his bike back.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest front wheel in 2022/23? [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you post or PM me a link to the front wheel? The AliExpress has a lot of variety and Velosa site says 1 pr minimum.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest front wheel in 2022/23? [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
I run a 10 year old set of HED wheels. Jet 9 front and disc rear set up with 23mm GP 5000 and latex tubes. A bit over 27 mph on around 300 NP in a local Olympic race yesterday. Fastest bike of the day by over 90 seconds and lots of others I saw on Strava had the latest and greatest wheels and frames and had higher watts than me. Honestly, some old stuff is still pretty decent.

Wow Great job Nate!

Congrats
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest front wheel in 2022/23? [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:
I have not updated the website with new images and complete specs but we only have the new wheels in stock now.

They are the best wheels we have ever made and super fast. The faster results against HED, Enve were better than we expected.

They are in stock in both disc brake and rim brake, you can run them with or without tubes.

45,88 front and 45, 88 or disc rear.

What size tires would you recommend running for tubeless GP 5000 for 45 disc brakes front please?

Disc wheel with disc brakes rear?

Will the rear disc work with SRAM force 12 speed?

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest front wheel in 2022/23? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 23 mm is fastest; I run 25 mm for a little comfort.

The rears have 11 speed Shimano/SRAM comparable when shipped. You can swap out the hub easily with an XDR 12 speed. Email me and I can send images and item numbers for the correct XDR.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest front wheel in 2022/23? [Allanhov] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In a not so great outside test I had my Troika replica definitely faster than my HED 9+ at 28mph.

I plan to put my gp5000 TT on it this year. The special edition tt tubeless gp5000 version from Le Tour.

I keep the alloy brake 9+ on to train due to some hard downhill high speed braking scenarios locally in training. The replica Troika is for flat days or race days.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest front wheel in 2022/23? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
In a not so great outside test I had my Troika replica definitely faster than my HED 9+ at 28mph.

I plan to put my gp5000 TT on it this year. The special edition tt tubeless gp5000 version from Le Tour.

I keep the alloy brake 9+ on to train due to some hard downhill high speed braking scenarios locally in training. The replica Troika is for flat days or race days.

I compared Troika replica and Yoeleo 60mm front wheel and Yoeleo was faster. If someone you know has generic 50-60mm China made wheel such as Yeoelo, Superteam or one from Aliexpress, eBay, Amazon, please put same tire setup, test and let me know. I want to hear someone else's opinion too.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest front wheel in 2022/23? [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What speed and cross wind situation was your try at it?

I don’t remember but this spring will check it out again. Assuming I can still get the Notio to upload to GC.

Other priorities for me are freaking miles and training. I frankly just need more power.

I want to try a smaller frame but budget wise don’t care to risk trying it with something different and it being worse. At my stack the pads are like a hair width closer to the basebar than I want. I would want to try that “lots of stack spacers” look.

Edit: I did a “bad” and am trying something out from this topic. :-p It’ll look bad ass at least. Lol.
Last edited by: burnthesheep: Nov 12, 23 16:47
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest front wheel in 2022/23? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reviving this thread to check if people have tested new front wheels?
Anyone has tried the Troika+ or PCW 7580 tri spoke? hoping to hear some comments.
Quote Reply

Prev Next