Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

King bunnyman the Elitist
Quote | Reply
I will never apologise for my viewpoints- never, ever. I will have to say that sometimes I can come across as an elitist jerkwad.

In the end, I couldn't give a f*** less what someone runs on their bike. A "real" race wheel is something that is run on a bike in a race. I don't look down my nose at someone who rides a clincher. Hell, at my advanced age and declining fitness/health, the dude on a clicnher-equipped Huffy will kick my ass.

I hate to think that I had a part in Tibbs' deciscion to NEVER run a tub, though my elitist rant probably was quite instrumental in doing so. I think Tibbs speaks for many people.

Will I turn the corner and run a clincher? Not unless some great technology comes along to change my mind. Will I change my opinion of Michelin clinchers? Nope. What are my feelings about France? I am not telling, as I like the French people and most of their products quite well, and I have no public opinion on France's policy towards the U.S. in the war against Iraq/presence of WMD, nor will I state my opinion on WMD or Preemptive strikes/whatever.

Please accept my apologies. I wish to just help people out with my knowlege from being in the cycling world for as long as I have, and try to leave extreme opinions out of it.
Quote Reply
Re: King bunnyman the Elitist [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like it to be known that my King Bunnyman is a rock star and I love him dearly.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: King bunnyman the Elitist [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to my adoring fan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny story...

I was at IMLP in 2000...on the bike, climbing the Keene hill right out of the swim I had a guy on a Stars and Stripes painted Can-of-Ale ride up next to me and look at my bike (he was on the right side of me, beyond the yellow line passing in the gravel pretty much - rules mean nothing to this feller). So, he looks at my bike and comments that it is beautiful..."Wow, Campy Record, Zipp 909's, CarbonX...that is a great bike". I think him for the compliment and think "why is this guy passing me on the right, when I am as far right as is sane". Next thing I know, he said "Maybe you should have spent more time training than money on the bike - I would not be passing you so early in the race" and off he went. First off, this guy was the only jag off moron I have ever seen at a race that was so bold as to make an ignorant comment about another persons gear (and shit, he was on RX100 / 105 for gods sake). So away he goes in his well trained glory.

Mile 70ish comes around...what is it I see??? A Stars and Stripes Crackandfail...with a very wasted rider on it granny gearing up a hill. I looked over at him and said "After I spent all my money on my bike to impress you, I went to the Y and trained - so I can pass you". Never did see him again.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: King bunnyman the Elitist [Record10ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That reinforces what I have always said about the equipment according to fitness and ability police: They are jealous with big mouths. I am glad you got the satisfaction of passing his all-talk wasted ass.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey bunnyman,

You have never come across as elitist to me. You have an opinion, the ability to express it and the character to defend it. I think that's an attractive quality in a person.

What would be the point of this forum without that?

I'm a bunnyman fan.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: King bunnyman the Elitist [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. One of the biggest reasons I ride tubulars in races is because the bunnyman says so. His impassioned stance on tubulars v. clinchers helped me make my decision to get a Renn tubular. I am also the proud owner of one of his old wheels -- a Mavic deep dish front to complement the Renn (tubular, of course).

I've never thought he was elitist. Opinionated, yes. Fanatical -- about some things, maybe. But not elitist.

RP
Quote Reply
Re: King bunnyman the Elitist [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bah... all you tubular elitists will always stick together.

Now I'm going to enjoy a tasty vento caramel half-caff mochachino with a twist.