Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tribute to a Friend
Quote | Reply
Most have heard by now of the Space Shuttle tragedy today. A tragedy by itself but even more when it strikes close to home. Shuttle pilot Willie McCool was a great and very competitive runner. I ran against him many times while he was in flight school at NAS Pensacola in the mid 80's.

My heart goes out to his family and the families of the other crew members. A sad day indeed.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Tribute to a Friend [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What great courage and fortitude the shuttle crew showed. For them and all the shuttle crews before them, whose scientific and military contributions are significant but frequently go unacknowledged, I say a humble but sincere thanks. I always marvel at their bravery and skill during the shuttle launches and landings. For such a tragedy to come at this point in our nation's history is doubly trying- when our collective hopes have been tested so sternly during the past two years. Let's remember their friends and families, and offer what amounts to a pitiful and inadequate, but nonetheless heartfelt thanks for the enormous sacrifice they have made on all of our behalf.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tribute to a Friend [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I came in from my long run yesterday just in time for CNN to show the "Breaking News" clip. Absolutely sickening. I was sitting a high-school senior class gathering watching the Challenger live in '86. Same feeling. Now I immediately think of the loss for those families. Those children who will grow up without fathers/mothers. They have all paid a great sacrifice in the name of this country....
Quote Reply
Lives on the line [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the utmost respect for anyone who wears a uniform and puts their live on the line for our country. The Columbia deaths are to be mourned, for they truly paid the ultimate sacrifice.

However, I also want to note there were 4 US servicemen who put their lives on the line, and paid the ultimate price on the same day in Afghanistan. They are equally deserving of our prayers.

--

~~Bob
Quote Reply