Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: FBI raids Mar-a-lago [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
It’s a sad state of affairs we are in and every day that passes I’m inclined to think there is no point in it all.

Prosecution of crimes is still worthwhile, even without the buy-in of a large percentage of the population.

Germany went light on prosecuting Hitler's failed coup. He should have had a much harsher sentence, but was given a lenient one to try to appease the portion of the population sympathetic to the Nazi ideology. (And also because some of those in the prosecution/court were themselves sympathetic, cue EricMPro). Appeasing ended up being a mistake. I think it is here too. Don't try to engineer some ideal outcome that broadly fixes all that's wrong with America. Not going to happen. Just follow the evidence and the law...
Quote Reply
Re: FBI raids Mar-a-lago [ike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think he is tired of "winning" yet?

The special master just got shit canned.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: FBI raids Mar-a-lago [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This vacates the order by the Trumpy female judge? Trying to keep my Trump legal losses straight.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another partisan court! Sad!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Do you think he is tired of "winning" yet?

The special master just got shit canned.

Shit-canned, indeed. Makes for good reading, even for us non-lawyery types. The document summarizes the timeline and the reasoning all along the way.

Footnote:

Quote:
During discussion of this factor at oral argument, Plaintiff’s counsel noted that the seized items included “golf shirts” and “pictures of Celine Dion.” The government concedes that Plaintiff “may have a property interest in his personal effects.” While Plaintiff may have an interest in these items and others like them, we do not see the need for their immediate return after seizure under a presumptively lawful search warrant.

:-)

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: FBI raids Mar-a-lago [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
...During discussion of this factor at oral argument, Plaintiff’s counsel noted that the seized items included “golf shirts” and “pictures of Celine Dion.” The government concedes that Plaintiff “may have a property interest in his personal effects.” While Plaintiff may have an interest in these items and others like them, we do not see the need for their immediate return after seizure under a presumptively lawful search warrant... :-)

His heart will go on...

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: FBI raids Mar-a-lago [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
This vacates the order by the Trumpy female judge? Trying to keep my Trump legal losses straight.

Right. Unless Justice Thomas and/or the S.Ct. get involved, then Judge Cannon’s order appointing a special master is kaput. Since there is no way that DOJ will voluntarily agree to a special master, Judge Dearie’s role would be ended. So, with the above proviso about Thomas/SCt, the path is now clear for Jack Smith to ask the grand jury to indict (whenever he thinks that is warranted).
Quote Reply
Re: FBI raids Mar-a-lago [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:
klehner wrote:
...During discussion of this factor at oral argument, Plaintiff’s counsel noted that the seized items included “golf shirts” and “pictures of Celine Dion.” The government concedes that Plaintiff “may have a property interest in his personal effects.” While Plaintiff may have an interest in these items and others like them, we do not see the need for their immediate return after seizure under a presumptively lawful search warrant... :-)

His heart will go on...
The power of love......

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: FBI raids Mar-a-lago [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:
klehner wrote:

His heart will go on...
It's all coming back to me now???????

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: FBI raids Mar-a-lago [ike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the next episode of Storage Wars
https://www.nbcnews.com/...orage-unit-rcna60593
Quote Reply
Re: FBI raids Mar-a-lago [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:
On the next episode of Storage Wars
https://www.nbcnews.com/...orage-unit-rcna60593

this is where I find comfort in this latest : Ah geez Don we think that there are still some class docs outstanding. From todays print WaPo account:

"Jay Bratt, the chief of the counterintelligence and export control section at the Justice Department, communicated to Trump’s lawyers after the FBI search that the department was concerned Trump still may not have returned all the classified documents in his possession."

The comfort comes knowing the good guys have an account ledger of docs the president had access to and they are simply cross checking for those still outstanding.

They have him dead to rights.
Quote Reply
Re: FBI raids Mar-a-lago [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:

They have him dead to rights.

It's a shame he won't face any consequences.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply

Prev Next