Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Streaming Football (NFL and college)
Quote | Reply
I still have DirecTV Stream but since football is the only thing I watch on TV, I'm considering another streaming service. DTV Stream is $70 plus tax, for comparison.

Suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Streaming Football (NFL and college) [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For college AND NFL, the ones I know of:

YouTube TV: $65
Hulu Plus with Live TV: $70 / $76 with no ads
Sling Orange + Blue: $45 -- or just sling blue for $35 if you don't need ESPN... but you want that for college games
FuboTV also in the $70 range as I recall

But be careful - a lot of Sling's coverage is through NFL Network which will be blacked out for local games if it's on a broadcast channel. I'm trying Sling for a month or so but I might go back to Youtube if it annoys me too much.

I think all of the above have DVR included.
Last edited by: spudone: Aug 17, 22 8:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure about college but Amazon Prime has started streaming games as well. $129 per year, I think we pay.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Streaming Football (NFL and college) [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Not sure about college but Amazon Prime has started streaming games as well. $129 per year, I think we pay.

ALL games?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven’t pulled the trigger on NFL+ ($4.99/mo) but I think that gets you almost full access. Some talk about it favoring mobile devices but I haven’t parsed the details yet.

"The devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own" - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use DAZN in Canada. Has all the NFL games.
Universities are for book learnin' not football.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Streaming Football (NFL and college) [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I haven’t pulled the trigger on NFL+ ($4.99/mo) but I think that gets you almost full access. Some talk about it favoring mobile devices but I haven’t parsed the details yet.

*Only* mobile devices and tablets. It won't work on a PC or on TV devices like Roku. Sorta annoying.

I'm tempted to try an Android emulator on my PC and then plug it in to the TV to watch. But the hassle factor is high enough that I'll probably just pay for one of the pricier services. Also the reviews on the NFL+ app in the Google Store were terrible. Problems watching, problems paying, and so on.
Last edited by: spudone: Aug 17, 22 8:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought Amazon only did Thursday Night games.

NFL+ will give you streaming access to all NFL games (out of market) for $20/year.

https://www.nfl.com/...itorial_Launch_Promo

In market- HD tuner in your TV and will cost the price of an antenna if you don't have one.

No clue on college.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I still have DirecTV Stream but since football is the only thing I watch on TV, I'm considering another streaming service. DTV Stream is $70 plus tax, for comparison.

Suggestions?

Do you want to stay strictly in the definitely legal zone or can you go gray?
M~

https://www.miles4matt.run/
Quote Reply
Re: Streaming Football (NFL and college) [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
Francois wrote:

Suggestions?

Do you want to stay strictly in the definitely legal zone or can you go gray?
M~

I was just talking about this recently and thought, of course I will remember the names of the sites. And of course now I forget the sites.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply