Quote Reply
Re: Guess who quit smoking today? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Muhammad Lee.

What do I win?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was quitting my awful habit probably 10 times already but after a day or two always give up and light up the next cigarette. Please share your positive experience here. What helped you to stop?
Last edited by: Herness: Aug 16, 22 0:32
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who quit smoking today? [Herness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My brother quit 7 months ago after smoking for 50 years. Says he does not miss them at this point. I am glad he is successfully kicking the habit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is the most disappointing thread resurrection to date.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The best idea is actually to don't start with the cigarettes, cause once you started - you are on the hook and it is not an easy to stop. I feel your pain, it took me around two years in total to quit smoking . I tried stopping couple of times with different breathing and meditation techniques but it didn't work on me. Nicotine patches and salts was a solution for me at the end. I am smoke free for more than 5 years now.
Last edited by: MitchMcCrown: Aug 19, 22 0:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a weird troll attempt... or whatever this is. User registered 1/1/22. Made exactly one post (this one)...
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who quit smoking today? [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herness wrote:
I was quitting my awful habit probably 10 times already but after a day or two always give up and light up the next cigarette. Please share your positive experience here. What helped you to stop?

Ask Ayman al-Zawahri I bet his attempt sticks.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herness wrote:

My father in law was a smoker for 20+ years. The doctor told him he should quit. He said he wont, his father also smoked all his life and remained healthy. "He was lucky, you may not be" said the doc. FiL quit that day. After all, he had a wife and 4 kids, there is somebody important to be healthy for.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who quit smoking today? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
Herness wrote:

My father in law was a smoker for 20+ years. The doctor told him he should quit. He said he wont, his father also smoked all his life and remained healthy. "He was lucky, you may not be" said the doc. FiL quit that day. After all, he had a wife and 4 kids, there is somebody important to be healthy for.

I remember seeing somewhere that despite how bad smoking is for a person, only something like 50% of smokers die prematurely from a smoking related disease.

Of course that doesn't factor in the hacking and coughing, shortness of breath, erectile dysfunction, etc. that lowers quality of life but doesn't necessarily kill a person per se.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herness wrote:

A little drug called Zyban AND walking all the time. Anytime I got an urge to smoke, I grabbed my headphones and walked.
I also had to quit all the things I associated with smoking. So I didn't go camping anymore, stopped drinking and going to any bar.
Quote Reply