Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ah teachers unions.... now woke [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
windywave wrote:
https://abcnews4.com/news/nation-world/school-district-agrees-to-layoff-white-teachers-before-minority-teachers-minneapolis-minnesota-people-color-federation-education-mft-strike-underrepresentated

I mean screw merit and seniority .... fire the white people first. Definitely won't result in lawsuits.

How does anyone think this is defensible? (Yes I know some of the mentally disturbed on here will blindly defend it).

so here is the line in the contract

However, in the case that a teacher is “a member of a population underrepresented among licensed teachers in the District,” the district may “excess,” meaning lay off or relocate, “outside of seniority order.”

What I want to know is does the contract describe population description. I mean you could argue that white males between 5'2" and 5'3" with red hair is an underrepresented population.

For years we've argued our program's diversity is represented by rural, first in family to attend college students. That being said it does seem like we are getting a few more non-white students the last couple of years.
Quote Reply
Re: Ah teachers unions.... now woke [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Homeschool
Quote Reply

Prev Next