Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: When do the Right wing news outlets go all in on DeSantis? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is that an answer to the question?

Sorry. Yes I'm OK that Florida banned teaching kids false science. I figured that everyone would be against teaching untruth. But it's sad that many will allow what they want to be true to override facts. So yes I'm OK with laws that prevent teaching false narratives. That's not against the 1st amendment.
Quote Reply
Re: When do the Right wing news outlets go all in on DeSantis? [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cavechild wrote:

Sorry. Yes I'm OK that Florida banned teaching kids false science. I figured that everyone would be against teaching untruth. But it's sad that many will allow what they want to be true to override facts. So yes I'm OK with laws that prevent teaching false narratives. That's not against the 1st amendment.

Can you give us some egregious examples of false science that has been taught in Florida schools?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: When do the Right wing news outlets go all in on DeSantis? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Why are we bothering? Kevin believes (or wants to believe) that 2+2=7. Why try and convince him the right answer is 4?

We have been shown that if enough people (and those motivated to make more people) think 2+2=7 then we suddenly have 74 Million people thinking that 2+2=7.

And then they elect only clowns who must state that 2+2=7 to represent them and refer to the sane and reasonable people who know 2=2+4 sheep.

We bother, because truth matters.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: When do the Right wing news outlets go all in on DeSantis? [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
I think kevin is what he is.

But it is generally interesting to me. I dont see how you can say trump kept his promises, while admitting he didnt build the wall.

Trump BIGGEST promises were obviously the wall, the Muslim ban - which wasnt a ban but EXTREME vetting (with no discussion of what this is ever), jobs, balancing the budget (because he was a business man), repeal the ACA, and drain the swamp.

I am fine with giving trump his "muslim ban" which isnt a ban. But the other main campaign promises just didnt happen.

Did all those coal miners go back to work?
Quote Reply
Re: When do the Right wing news outlets go all in on DeSantis? [southpaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Did all those coal miners go back to work?

Its also generally interesting when right wingers will say "well he kept his promised about electing far right SC justices" or "well he kept his promises regarding international trade deals." 95%+ of people dont give a shit about international trade deals/couldnt tell me long term impacts on them.

Also, if you go based on the SC, ANY president has kept his promises then. No one has ever elected someone outside of their own party.

I am generally curious about people who say they like trump now for reasons other than "owning the libs" or "my taxes are lower." (even if this helped lead us into the economy trouble we are in now)

and until people like Kevin can admit that trump was full of shit, right wing outlets will not turn on him
Last edited by: sosayusall: Aug 17, 22 10:37
Quote Reply
Re: When do the Right wing news outlets go all in on DeSantis? [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cavechild wrote:

What are you babbling about?

DeSantis passed a law forcing private companies to host extremist content. It was clearly unconstitutional and was quickly struck down by the courts. DeSantis burned hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax payer funds to defend a clearly unconstitutional law

DeSantis signed an anti-protest law that was clearly unconstitutional. It was quickly blocked by the courts but he continued to burn taxpayer funds on defending it.

His attack on Disney was unconstitutional. His redistricting was unconstitutional.

Why would any real American support someone who hates the Constitution?
Quote Reply
Re: When do the Right wing news outlets go all in on DeSantis? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trump lost Alex Jones today.
“I am supporting Desantis .. I can look into his eyes on HD video, and I see the real sincerity.”

“We have someone who is better than Trump. Way better than Trump.”

https://twitter.com/.../1560062894984896513

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: When do the Right wing news outlets go all in on DeSantis? [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if De Santis'eyes are as telling as Putin's eyes. Or just maybe G.W. was as gullible as Jones?
Quote Reply
Re: When do the Right wing news outlets go all in on DeSantis? [kevinbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kevinbe wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
kevinbe wrote:
…..I quit with them the day of the election in 2016 when they said Hillary had it in a landslide. I vowed that was the last time I’d ever listen to a word they said again.

I’m going to give you the benefit of doubt that you aren’t a troll, despite you toeing the line pretty well. That’s in part to my daily interactions with people who really do think what you are putting to page. I’ll ask you the same I ask of them. How does one reconcile shunning the media cold turkey, in your case the day they got an election wrong, yet defend a career serial liar, champion of FYIGM, and counterfeit Christian? Those aren’t myths MSM made up because they didn’t like Trump as President. Those were known truths long before he came onto the political scene.

The media had been getting it wrong for a very long time. The 2016 election was the final straw for me. I voted for Trump, but did not like him at the time. I would’ve voted for any one of the other 15 candidates on the stage. At the time I listen to Glenbeck, and he was very much a Ted Cruz guy, so that’s who I was leaning for. It was very shortly after the election I began to change my mind. Trump was the first politician who said he would do something in the campaign, and then he stuck to what he said he would do in the campaign. I’ve never seen that before in a politician. But he wasn’t a politician, he was a New York businessman. Now I’ve done a little bit of homework, and I see things a bit differently.

businessman is a stretch.
real estate developer, slum lord, harbinger of bad taste, failure. That's what DJ was known for since 1980.

Quote:
The three things that you mention, I know what two of them are, I don’t understand the acronym, and it sounds Like the narrative that’s been spun about this man for the last 6+ years. By the way, progressives and liberals love Donald Trump when he was donating to their campaigns and rubbing elbows with them at cocktail parties. The onslaught came when he declared himself the Republican nominee for president. I wonder what he knows about them that caused them to turn on him on a dime.

fuck you I got mine
That's the narrative that's surrounded him for yes, 6+ years. Specifically for 49 years. We've known DJ was scum since 1973, when he was sued for discriminatory housing practices. By the time of the election, state and federal agencies had filed over 4,000 actions against him. He over leveraged his Atlantic City hotels in the 80s and went bankrupt six times from 91 to 09. I knew he was a bad person in the 80s, and I wasn't even 10 years old yet.

No politicians love DJ. Before 2016, they loved his money. After 16, they loved his influence with the rubes.
Quote Reply
Re: When do the Right wing news outlets go all in on DeSantis? [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
I wonder if De Santis'eyes are as telling as Putin's eyes. Or just maybe G.W. was as gullible as Jones?

An endorsement by Alex Jones isn't exactly a positive thing in my book.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: When do the Right wing news outlets go all in on DeSantis? [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
Cavechild wrote:

What are you babbling about?

DeSantis passed a law forcing private companies to host extremist content. It was clearly unconstitutional and was quickly struck down by the courts. DeSantis burned hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax payer funds to defend a clearly unconstitutional law

DeSantis signed an anti-protest law that was clearly unconstitutional. It was quickly blocked by the courts but he continued to burn taxpayer funds on defending it.

His attack on Disney was unconstitutional. His redistricting was unconstitutional.

Why would any real American support someone who hates the Constitution?

Hey look, another of DeSantis' pathetic stunts struck down by the courts

Florida judge blocks parts of Gov. Ron DeSantis-backed 'Stop WOKE Act,' saying the state has turned into the upside-down world from 'Stranger Things'

Will his groupies even know? Their echo chamber does not report stuff like this.
Quote Reply
Re: When do the Right wing news outlets go all in on DeSantis? [kevinbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kevinbe wrote:
Kari Lake Has a solid message in a plan that resonates with Manny in Arizona.

Kari Lake's message resonates with morons and anti-Semites

Kari Lake Endorses Anti-Semitic GOP Candidate in Oklahoma Who Boasted ‘Jews Will go to Hell’
https://www.mediaite.com/...ews-will-go-to-hell/
Quote:
in July that Jackson “said being gay is ‘disgusting,’ called the LGBTQ lifestyle the ‘gateway to pedophilia’ and said he is not ‘beholden to Jews’ in posts and videos on right-wing social media platforms.”

Quote:
“All Jews will go to hell if they don’t believe the gospel of Jesus Christ … just like everybody else.” He added, “I love Jews because Christ told me to, not because they deserve it
Quote Reply
Re: When do the Right wing news outlets go all in on DeSantis? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forget the liberal media. The right needs a fix, Trump is getting too complicated, and DeSantis is ready to jump in as uktramaga 2.0. That’s a profitable story.
Quote Reply
Re: When do the Right wing news outlets go all in on DeSantis? [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
kevinbe wrote:
Kari Lake Has a solid message in a plan that resonates with Manny in Arizona.

Kari Lake's message resonates with morons and anti-Semites

Kari Lake Endorses Anti-Semitic GOP Candidate in Oklahoma Who Boasted ‘Jews Will go to Hell’
https://www.mediaite.com/...ews-will-go-to-hell/
Quote:
in July that Jackson “said being gay is ‘disgusting,’ called the LGBTQ lifestyle the ‘gateway to pedophilia’ and said he is not ‘beholden to Jews’ in posts and videos on right-wing social media platforms.”

Quote:
“All Jews will go to hell if they don’t believe the gospel of Jesus Christ … just like everybody else.” He added, “I love Jews because Christ told me to, not because they deserve it

If you are a Christian, of course you believe that Jews will go to hell. That’s pretty standard.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: When do the Right wing news outlets go all in on DeSantis? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A view of the future...

https://www.nbcnews.com/...ected-case-rcna40947
Last month, nearly 75 later, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican who is widely thought to be eyeing a 2024 presidential run, cited the case that shut down Ha Ha Club in a complaint against Miami restaurant R House over its drag performances.
The 2022 complaint, filed by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, threatened to revoke R House’s liquor license, arguing that the establishment violated a state public nuisance law by becoming “manifestly injurious to the morals or manners of the people.”
Historians say the parallels between the R House and the Ha Ha Club complaints, and the fact that DeSantis’ administration cited a 75-year-old court decision, reveal how conservatives are resurfacing a decades-old moral panic about LGBTQ people to target queer spaces.
Quote Reply
Re: When do the Right wing news outlets go all in on DeSantis? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Cavechild wrote:

Can you give us some egregious examples of false science that has been taught in Florida schools?

Apparently, he cannot answer. Given all his drivel, not surprising.
Quote Reply
Re: When do the Right wing news outlets go all in on DeSantis? [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump has lost Geraldo Rivera.

https://news.yahoo.com/...makes-123323513.html

“Election Deniers depress me,” Rivera wrote. “I blame President Trump for his shameful campaign to slander and undermine American faith in our elections. For all his positive accomplishments, and there are many, I could never support him again. Without fealty to the Constitution, we’re [second] rate.”

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Sep 8, 22 19:30
Quote Reply

Prev Next