Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Light Bicycle disc wheel [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hunt looks like the Prime wheel but narrower (just 25mm), heavier, and more expensive.
Quote Reply
Re: Light Bicycle disc wheel [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually ordered the LightBicycle disc with DT350 hubs.

Never arrived. After months of waiting, they finally figured out it was lost in transit and refunded the money.

I'm kinda glad. I always feel guilt buying a Chinese product when there are alternatives.

Ended up getting the Citec Disc for not much more. It is also much much lighter, has DT240 hubs, and is made in Germany (just southwest of Berlin).
Quote Reply
Re: Light Bicycle disc wheel [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
I actually ordered the LightBicycle disc with DT350 hubs.

Never arrived. After months of waiting, they finally figured out it was lost in transit and refunded the money.

I'm kinda glad. I always feel guilt buying a Chinese product when there are alternatives.

Ended up getting the Citec Disc for not much more. It is also much much lighter, has DT240 hubs, and is made in Germany (just southwest of Berlin).

Perhaps I'm lucky. I was surprised at how quickly my tri spoke wheel from Light Bicycle arrived in Alaska after I ordered it. It took 2 weeks for production before it was shipped, then 4-5 days was delivered by UPS.
Quote Reply
Re: Light Bicycle disc wheel [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also ordered the version with the DT350 hubs.

The hub is only similar to a DT350 hub. I had some problems with the bearings and completely disassembled the hub. The axle is not from DT Swiss. Ratchet seems to be like the original DT but the hub shell is not from DT. I contacted DT Swiss to compare some dimensions and did not found any of the required serial numbers from DT Swiss.

All in all the Disc Wheel is great, but in my case it is useless crap because of wrong dimensions of the hub so you can't adjust the disc rotor correctly.
Quote Reply
Re: Light Bicycle disc wheel [Lehrn2Lose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up just biting the bullet and ordering a disc from Swiss Side earlier this year. I do not regret the decision.
Quote Reply
Re: Light Bicycle disc wheel [Julian3000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you adjust the disc rotor?
Quote Reply
Re: Light Bicycle disc wheel [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had an issue with my 2021 Cervelo P series disc brakes with my Light wheel disc. I used some rotor shims and have had no issues since.

https://boydcycling.com/products/centerlock-disc-brake-rotor-shim-4-pack.
Quote Reply
Re: Light Bicycle disc wheel [Tucker1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why wouldn't you just adjust the caliper?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The disc rubs on the inside of the caliper . I turned and opened them As much as it allows.
Quote Reply
Re: Light Bicycle disc wheel [Tucker1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The entire caliper should be able to be moved in what ever direction you need.

If you are at the physical limit of the caliper movement, you could make the mounting holes a little bigger in whatever direction you need.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Makes way more sense to shim your disc rotor. If you shim your rotors so they all are in the same place than you don't need to adjust brakes when swapping wheels. Much better system than modifying your brake caliper...
Quote Reply
Re: Light Bicycle disc wheel [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't remember anyone talking about swapping wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Light Bicycle disc wheel [Crentist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crentist wrote:
Lehrn2Lose wrote:
Th4ddy wrote:
Curious if anyone took delivery and can post some pictures?

Same. Thinking of pulling the trigger.

I ordered one a few months ago. They send pictures before sending it out, similar to the ones you see in the gallery. The first disc I got in the Unpainted finish. It looked terrible. Unacceptable finish and appearance. I had them do another one in the Sunflower finish. It was slightly better but still looked pretty rough. By then I had already lost confidence in the product and was looking elsewhere so I cancelled when the second one also looked bad.

Can’t say anything about the quality of the wheel but my impression is they haven’t quite figured out how to translate from their wheels to a disc. I have a set of their AR55 wheels and they’ve been nothing but great. The disc is a great price point but I think you’re volunteering to be a bit of a Guinea pig…

That's disappointing. Good to have some honest feedback. I kind of wonder sometimes how many of these glowing product reviews in forums are genuine.... I had a bad experience with LB, although that was a few years ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Light Bicycle disc wheel [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well that's LB off my list. The amount of wobble is nuts. If that was a rim brake wheel it would be unusable. You could argue that it was a one-off lemon, but then where is the basic quality control? Checking how true it is would take 30s, so they clearly do not understand some very fundamental shit about running a business. And what's the bet they say that's within their set tolerance...

Last edited by: zedzded: Jan 17, 24 19:26
Quote Reply
Re: Light Bicycle disc wheel [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered the C21 on the autumn of 2022, and the first one I received wobbled to the level I was totally shocked (at least 3x as much as in that YT video).
Of course, I sent it back (they also paid return shipping), and the 2nd one was almost completely straight. Eventually, I didn't get any explanation how the first one got through their QC, though, except that "you should mount a tubeless tyre and then it will run straight, as it did in our factory", which, of course, I proved wrong.

Anyway, the 2nd one has worked flawlessly so far, as have a couple of sets of their spoked wheels which I have (and had their 3spoke a while back too, that was good as well).

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply
Re: Light Bicycle disc wheel [mrlobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hasn't LB started up a factory in the USA?
Quote Reply

Prev Next