Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pickleball [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some snippets from an article that popped up today.

All eyes were on Anna Leigh Waters, 15, and Ben Johns, 23, a mixed doubles team and perhaps the two brightest stars in the rapidly expanding pickleball universe.

Waters, who turned pro at 12, is no longer getting asked by friends why she gave up soccer and why she’s on the road so much. She has been featured on “SportsCenter” and has her own logo, a signature paddle and a sponsorship deal with Fila. She’s growing right along with the sport.
“I used to hear, like, ‘Ha-ha, that’s just an old-person sport,” the 15-year-old said with a laugh. “But now they see me on TV and stuff. Or they see that I’m playing with celebrities that they know. And I’m like: ‘I told you. Pickleball is a legit thing.’ ”

Turned "pro" at 12-years old. If only I had known. But there's still this.

According to SFIA’s most recent numbers, the single largest age demographic is still 65-plus (849,000 players last year), though younger players aren’t far behind (787,000 ages 25-34; 600,000 in 18-24; and 610,000 in 35-44). Players tend to be white, college-educated and earn at least $100,000 annually.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/tennis/pickleball-is-exploding-and-it-s-getting-messy/ar-AA122EcH?cvid=facedd20f44243eb9cb1428074bb9452

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Pickleball [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today I learned FILA is still in business. I never had any of their stuff but remember them being big when I was in middle school in the mid-90’s and they were sponsoring Grant Hill

Matt
Quote Reply

Prev Next