Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Overheat in tight wetsuit?
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Wondering if anyone else has the same issue.

I'm 185 cm / 76-77 kg. IM wetsuit swim at approx 56 minutes. Have previously had a size L TYR Hurricane wetsuit, which works well but is a bit large over the tummy. According to the size chart, this size suits someone alot heavier than me. So, bought a new one this year (ML) that should suit me much better according to the charts. It is tighter, but flexibility and fit is good, so no worries there.

My issue is that I feel that the new and tighter wetsuit makes me alot warmer. Maybe just bad luck swimming in a relatively warm lake, but feels like it does not take in as much water for cooling. Have of course tried the different suits, but not on the same day / precisely same conditions.

Anyone else that has experienced something similar?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Overheat in tight wetsuit? [Tiberias] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If a worry then just give the neck an occasional tug to let some fresh water in. Will cool you down if it's starting to impair your performance.

I need to occasionally when the sea temp gets up in late summer and it's low tide/sunny.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Idk if tightness is the problem vs warm water. When it's on the edge of a wetsuit/non-wetsuit swim & it ends up being legal I know I'm going to be warm. Almost makes sense not to wear it depending on the distance, how long it takes to get off, & how long T1 is to wear it or not. But you gotta wear it in an IM. I like the letting water in idea. No way around it if the water is decently warm. Maybe go sleeveless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think it was due to wetsuit tightness, but I overheated so badly in a 75 degree water slim that I've bought some lava shorts to wear in the next go around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couldn't it be that the larger suit just didn't fit at all and water kept coming in and cooling you?

https://acprestation.se/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it is far more to do with the warm water than the tightness of the wetsuit.
Quote Reply