Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: some love for the ITU- European champs? [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's wrong with a race in NZ?

An oceania race was pretty much a staple of the series until a few years ago.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: some love for the ITU- European champs? [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
What's wrong with a race in NZ?

An oceania race was pretty much a staple of the series until a few years ago.

I was merely pointing out that the season will have to start earlier or finish later which would make the season longer. When you factor in the travel required it becomes even harder.

The world has changed in the last 2 years!
Quote Reply
Re: some love for the ITU- European champs? [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've always thought 5 tour stops + Grand Final was just about perfect.

1 in Oceania, 1 in N America, 2 in Europe 1 in Middle East 1 in Asia. That’s 6 venues that cover all the big locations.

Score 4 out of 5 + GF

Unfortunately I think they race 1-2 too many races but of course I think the WTCS is a big money maker for WT with the host cities bidding, etc.

So I get it.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Aug 15, 22 14:33
Quote Reply
Re: some love for the ITU- European champs? [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Molas run is just nowhere near close it was when he was winning races, if it was he'd have podiumed Saturday and would be battling Wilde and Yee at the end of the season.

4mins is a lot of time to make up and the French seem about 20 sec off Wilde and Yee.
Quote Reply
Re: some love for the ITU- European champs? [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mola’s career is reminding me of how Sven Rieder’s career finished. Though not as accomplished as Mola, he was always there (with his head band on) at every wts event for years with top 7 finishes. And then one year he wasn’t and I don’t think he ever desired to go LC (he likely was funded well by Swiss federation).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: some love for the ITU- European champs? [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought Learnmoth was planning on retirement after Tokyo, not sure what she's planning doing? She has dipped her toe into 70.3, I think tactically GB will beg her to stay on for the damage she does on that swim alone, who knows how she comes back from this injury though.

I'd have expected one of Waugh or Rainsley to have broke through and start podiuming by now, as it stands right now GTB, Potter and Coldwell would be the three girls I'd be sending, obviously a lot will happen between now and then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Varga and Murray have both blamed fighting in the swim for poor performances, if Varga is complaining about a rough swim it must have been bad!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if Varga's interpretation of fighting on the swim comes from the fact that back in 2016 ish, it was really him, the Brownlees and Schoeman at the front of the swim and things were stretched out, in the last few years the overall swim level has increased, and there are a lot more people closely packed, so rather than the clear water he was used to, now he's in the chaos of a pack? It was interesting to see a course with more cornering that many others, and what that did for some on the swim, I think Murray went right at that in his race recap as something that hindered his race.

I Like the Idea of a 6-8 event WTCS, with 5 + GF counting, giving people a couple of mulligans or room for injury. And in terms of the WTCS season, trying to keep the circuit to something like a March-Sept/Oct range would be helpful. I know that we're still recovering from the COVID related schedule disruptions and trying to give federations the events that they paid for, but this two year WTCS gets wonky. The other approach is to have a series with 4 Standard, 4 sprint, 4 super sprint, with two series rankings. One for Standard/Sprint and one for Sprint/Super Sprint. Top 4 scores would count (with at least two standards for the longer series or two super sprints for the shorter series).
Quote Reply
Re: some love for the ITU- European champs? [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the swim got slower, Luis is now the lead out Swimmer, unless I miss understood your post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It doesn't look like the run was his problem. He was 6th fastest with zero motivation because he was already several minutes behind. It's his swim and his bike which he has to get back to form.

He lost 1.5 minutes in the swim, and a further 2 minutes on the bike, yet only lost 30 to 40 seconds to those that where fighting for the race. I am not sure he has the motivation and the commitment after the big disappointment at the Olympics. Much like Louis. I don't know if this is a Filliol squad issue, as none of them are performing well.
Quote Reply
Re: some love for the ITU- European champs? [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Besides Mola, Birtwhistle's been nowhere after the pandemic...Geens is still struggling with that swim and Luis' run is not at his best (injury??). The women, quite the same: Spivey seems cannot progress, Routier,Mola's wife ,had a crash and she has not got back , Zaferes had a child. The only ones that seem fit from the Filiol squad are team Stanford-Royle...Anyone else is racing well from that squad?

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The swim didn't get faster, it's probably similar-ish, but more people are swimming closer to the front (i.e. the overall level of swim is improving in the field), so what was a game changing swim in 2016 is not so game changing anymore, and just solidly front pack...
Quote Reply

Prev Next