Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM rolldown for KONA 2022 [DavidUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavidUK wrote:
Ironman Wales 2022
M50-54 six Kona slots
Two got taken from the top six and it was then announced if anyone in the AG wants to go to stand up.
Eight of us made our way to the front for the remaining four slots and had to show our wrist band and finishing postions.
Roll down slots went to 11th 25th 50th and some chancer in 99th place. I cant stop smiling.

I'm pleased for you that you get to go to Kona, genuinely.

But this makes me really cross for the women. All the women's age groups in Wales got only 1 slot, apart from F45-49 which got 2. Which means that the woman who came second in F50-54 (three minutes behind the AG winner) doesn't get a slot, while 99th place M50-54 (3.5 hours behind the AG winner, and over 1.5 hours behind the second place woman I just mentioned) does. I really don't mean to knock your achievement, but who is the more competitive athlete here?

I get that there are more men than women racing, and the slots are given proportionately. But it doesn't seem fair. If Ironman wants more women competing, I wish they'd just allocate more women's slots evenly throughout all their races, rather than handing out hundreds of extra slots at a few races.
Last edited by: cherry_bomb: Sep 22, 22 5:13
Quote Reply
Re: IM rolldown for KONA 2022 [Roflpain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I might come out a little wrong.
You can go past top 10 and busting serveral years and if you make it enoy it. Wouldent say anyone's not deserving going there.
But somewhere there should be a line where you have to come over to be able to compete in World Championship, like wining time +25% or something.

I wouldent go to the ceremony expecting a slot if I came over 10th place, thinking no way that would get a slot.
But now "anything is possible*" hehe.

*if you can afford it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavidUK wrote:
Ironman Wales 2022
M50-54 six Kona slots
Two got taken from the top six and it was then announced if anyone in the AG wants to go to stand up.
Eight of us made our way to the front for the remaining four slots and had to show our wrist band and finishing postions.
Roll down slots went to 11th 25th 50th and some chancer in 99th place. I cant stop smiling.

Well done David, got to be in it to win it!

You may know better than me, but I heard that a few days after the race one of the guys in your AG (outside top-100) got an email asking them if they wanted to go to Kona (they do) as one of the AG'ers who accepted his slot (went on stage, took the medal and lei) then didn't proceed to pay for his Kona entry (he just left the room). Is this true?
Quote Reply
Re: IM rolldown for KONA 2022 [Lauracasto0612] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used Turo a few times this year already - I have to say, I have been very impressed!

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavidUK wrote:
Ironman Wales 2022
M50-54 six Kona slots

well played , you might have set a world record, going to kona wth a 99th place. class
what made me even smile more is that there were 2 guys with even bigger balls than yours to come up , who did not get a slot , what place did they finish...
Quote Reply
Re: IM rolldown for KONA 2022 [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both were 13:47:xx finish times.

Dont complain about the results you did n't get from the training you did n't do.
Quote Reply
Re: IM rolldown for KONA 2022 [cherry_bomb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I 100% agree.
A very good friend and team mate finished p2 in her AG and P1 took the only slot.
It’ can be cruel.

Dont complain about the results you did n't get from the training you did n't do.
Quote Reply
Re: IM rolldown for KONA 2022 [WhittleFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
😯
Wow. First I’ve heard of this.
Poor form that.
WhittleFit wrote:
DavidUK wrote:
Ironman Wales 2022
M50-54 six Kona slots

Well done David, got to be in it to win it!

You may know better than me, but I heard that a few days after the race one of the guys in your AG (outside top-100) got an email asking them if they wanted to go to Kona (they do) as one of the AG'ers who accepted his slot (went on stage, took the medal and lei) then didn't proceed to pay for his Kona entry (he just left the room). Is this true?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavidUK wrote:
Both were 13:47:xx finish times.
What a man you run yourself into a kona slot in the last 2 km lol.
You should do one of those never give up videos ...
Quote Reply

Prev Next