Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Some Strong Entries for Dumbest Congressional Rep this Week [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not quite as good as Guam capsizing but, it is in the ballpark.

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas - The lawmaker’s speech went viral on social media due to its scientific errors, which became all the more notable in light of the fact that she was once the leader of the House Science Committee’s space subcommittee.

She gave a speech at Booker T. Washington High School in Houston on the day of the eclipse, telling an assembly of students, "Sometimes, you need to take the opportunity just to come out and see a full moon is that complete rounded circle which is made up mostly of gases, and that’s why the question is why or how could we as humans live on the Moon? Are the gases such that we could do that?"

And then she tries to defend herself as if no one had heard what she really said

Jackson Lee responded to the criticism she received by insisting it was a mistake – that she was referring to the sun – and insulting Republicans as "foolish thinkers" just looking to stir the pot.
In an X post, she said, "Obviously I misspoke and meant to say the sun, but as usual, Republicans are focused on stupid things instead of stuff that really matters. What can I say though, foolish thinkers lust for stupidity!"

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Some Strong Entries for Dumbest Congressional Rep this Week [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best corrections are the ones even worse than the mistakes.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Some Strong Entries for Dumbest Congressional Rep this Week [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dumb might be a bit harsh for Lee's statement. Hell she even admitted to misspeaking. When was the last time any other Congressional Rep in this thread admitted fault?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Some Strong Entries for Dumbest Congressional Rep this Week [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Dumb might be a bit harsh for Lee's statement. Hell she even admitted to misspeaking. When was the last time any other Congressional Rep in this thread admitted fault?

It's pretty dumb. Sounds like she either she meant the moon and thought the moon was made up of gases, or the meant the sun and thought people were talking about living on the sun.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Some Strong Entries for Dumbest Congressional Rep this Week [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
mck414 wrote:

It's pretty dumb. Sounds like she either she meant the moon and thought the moon was made up of gases, or the meant the sun and thought people were talking about living on the sun.

Yeah, you've got to pick your poison there. But hey, maybe she meant to say it was a full sun.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
reply to last

Not a Congressman, but whatever.

Bill Barr:
“His style of governance, his continuing to pander to anger and frustration versus a constructive approach to solving our problem is going to be chaotic and not going to accomplish very much,” Mr Barr said in December.
He explained that, during his first term, the “main way” to negotiate with Mr Trump over “bad ideas” was to point out how these ideas “would hurt his prospects for a second term”. But if he is re-elected, that threat of a future loss is no longer there, Mr Barr argued.
In July, Mr Barr also scathingly compared Mr Trump to “a defiant nine-year-old kid who’s always pushing his glass towards the end of the table, defying his parents to stop him from doing it”.
Months prior, he warned that a second Trump term would “deliver chaos” to America.
Also Bill Barr:
“And in my mind, I will vote the Republican ticket. I will support the Republican ticket.

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Quote Reply

Prev Next