Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [mdana87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdana87 wrote:

First, whatever you’re testing there, integrated extension cup/pad setup, looks amazing. When might we get more info or be able to get these under our arms?
Later this year, not before your June date (but not a long time after that)

Quote:
Second, ‘22 Felt IA Advanced AXS… is it possible to mount an HSF Aeria up front?

No you wouldn't be able to use the HSF faceplate on the Dagger stem, it hasn't been tested.
As to whether the tri stem would work - I don't have a contact at Felt anymore to ask. If the cover is size specific and you have a large size - maybe. But looking at the above image I think it would be unlikely as the bottle would probably contact the top of the fork.

Quote:
Also, I’m this “” close to ordering the Wing 20c+ kit with ASC extensions, assuming what you’re testing won’t be available by June ‘24. Considering the above, any issues to be aware of?

The Wing20C+ would work well with the Dagger stem - allowing cables to route through the bar into the stem. With ASC extensions you can achieve a very tidy and comfortable setup.
For hydration you probably need to look at a BTA, there will be one suited to the ASC available later in the year.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the super-fast reply, and info!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [mdana87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any tips for the best Garmin mount to fit Asc 43 extensions. So far the project76 (https://76projects.com/...t-computer-mount-3-0) looks best. I like the mount up nearer hands.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [ryinc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ryinc wrote:
Any tips for the best Garmin mount to fit Asc 43 extensions. So far the project76 (https://76projects.com/...t-computer-mount-3-0) looks best. I like the mount up nearer hands.

I think most people find the Project 76 works well enough
I just have a metal bridge zip tied across, because there is a specific one coming from PD in a few months
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you share a picture of the bridge you are using for the asc bars?

Just got news that the 43/52 ASC are back in stock.

2019 Felt IA3
2022 Giant TCR Pro
Find me on strava
https://strava.app.link/HoaJ6fq5AHb
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [brad.bischoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brad.bischoff wrote:
Can you share a picture of the bridge you are using for the asc bars?

Just got news that the 43/52 ASC are back in stock.

I just had a Felt devox adjustable bridge in my parts bin

So it's not a high class solution.
No picture as my bike and I are in different countries (this is a problem for fitness too)

The stock won't last long. Production can't keep up with demand so most distributors only get small amounts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was experiencing how elmuch time is needed with new tilt blocks from wattshop. Absolutely brilliant design!

What's your stack height you threw in the stock bayonet bridge?

As it sits with no risers center of pole is 50mm.
Not sure where stick the bridge because of difference in size of wattshop and felt riser blocks.

2019 Felt IA3
2022 Giant TCR Pro
Find me on strava
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [brad.bischoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brad.bischoff wrote:
I was experiencing how elmuch time is needed with new tilt blocks from wattshop. Absolutely brilliant design!

As this is a Profile Design focussed thread I have to point out that there are no 3rd party providers that are endorsed for use on PD bars currently. In fact there are several that PD would really prefer to not see used. Obviously you've got Felt bars so that's not relevant to you. It's just worth pointing out that only one other aerobar brand passes PD testing standards.

Quote:
What's your stack height you threw in the stock bayonet bridge?

I just have the bridge for mounting my garmin up near my hands. If I needed a bridge I'd use the A3C integrated one as it's half the weight of the alloy and looks cool, but that's no good to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the update.
Are you suggesting that the 53 ASCs ordered direct from PD should not be used with wattshop clamps with the inline pole clamp?

This toothpaste may be hard to put back in the tube.

2019 Felt IA3
2022 Giant TCR Pro
Find me on strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The PD extensions are fine, they are tested far beyond ISO standards. As long as the clamp you use is within tolerance and clamps evenly you should be fine.

My comment was more directed at adaptors on basebars. And as a general comment, not specifically about what you've got. It's just that some aftermarket parts cause concerns for bar makers (including bike brands that make their own bars).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a little concerned with that as well. See previous pic with adopter having a lip or overhang off the felt basebar.

I think the "evenly" portion of the build can be accomplished quite nicely with 52's.

Worst case I throw stock bayonet wide Bridget back on with the 52's with thr new race+ pads and call it day. "

Prob should have done the full PD cockpit threw on the 110 Felt stem and started fresh. Live and learn 🙏👍

2019 Felt IA3
2022 Giant TCR Pro
Find me on strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am planning to order PD ASC 43 extensions for my Cervelo P5d - how do I determine which length I need? Than you,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Measure from the front of the bracket clamp to the end of the extension (assuming you're happy with current position).
If more than 290mm get the 400 long extension.
If less than 290mm get the 340 version.
If less than 230mm I'm afraid the ASC series won't suit.

For the grip angle.
If you have SRAM AXS, get the 52 as the grip is longer to accommodate the low profile of wired blips.
I don't recall the angle of the ex11 grips and I can't check right now, but in general the 52 is more relaxed at the wrist and the 43 forces a tighter hand position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I should have provided more information. I am going to (finally) switch from the EX11 front end to the EX10 so I can tilt the bars a bit. I measure 300mm from the front of the pads to the tips of the extensions (400mm from the rear). Current extensions have 30 degree bends at the end, and that is just fine. Yes, I have AXS. Also to consider is mounting the BTA and Garmin both of which are very clean presently. I do NOT have technical expertise (or much ability) so PLEASE feel free to give me advice, changes, alternatives, etc.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You may be able to use the EX10 BTA mount

that piece on the bottom right goes on the extensions
But you may struggle to move it far enough forward to get 64mm from the other hole in the centre of the bridge. Hard to say without assembling to test.
Actually, your measurement is different from what I meant so you should have no issue. I'll take a pic later on to demonstrate then post again.

There is no nice garmin mount at this point, but it is coming in a few months (sits up near the wrists)

With AXS you will probably be better to go with the 52ASC, just to get the grip length
Quote Reply

Prev Next