Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

cycling on kauai
Quote | Reply
anyone have any advice on where to rent and ride on kauai? ill be there in a couple of weeks (without my bike) and id love to see the island by bike if possible. id prefer a road bike but maybe it makes more sense to rent a mountain bike. it really doesnt matter, right now anything not hitched to a trainer would be heaven!
Quote Reply
Re: cycling on kauai [ninny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldnt recommend road biking on Kauai. The roads are not wide and heavily travelled. I rented a mountain bike while there and had a good time. There are some trails that go over the middle of the island you could try. For running I found an old highway that isnt accessible by cars anymore and mosty ran on that. It did say no tresspassing though. I love Kauai

Have fun

el

http://content.mtbr.com/...aii/PLS_4543crx.aspx
Quote Reply
Re: cycling on kauai [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks. any particular place i should rent from?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I rented from Kauai Cycle. They had Full Suspension. The power line trail looks like the best training opportunity.

I love Kauai!

el
Quote Reply
Re: cycling on kauai [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks! ill check them out. the trails look great too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I concur. The roads aren't really wide and not great for cycling. I brought my running shoes when I went and didn't end up putting them on once. I did see one guy "trail running" the Napili (sic?) Coast. Looked pretty sick to me.
Quote Reply