Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2023 IMTX is designated as the Americas Championship
Quote | Reply
Interesting IMTX just updated its website to say it is the 2023 regional championship for North and South America. Is this the first time they've combined North and South America?

https://www.ironman.com/im-texas
Last edited by: RangersBouncy: Aug 10, 22 11:06
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 IMTX is designated as the Americas Championship [RangersBouncy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With 100 Kona slots I was wondering if it was going to be a championship
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 IMTX is designated as the Americas Championship [Tribike53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now up to 165! 65 Women for Tri exclusive, the other 100 based on participation percentages per age group. So probably going to be something like 70 M, 30 F for the regular, then the other 35 up for grabs.

Considering AZ sold out...I'm not gonna be surprised to see this be the next "punch my Kona ticket" race to sell out.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 IMTX is designated as the Americas Championship [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Texas seems like the perfect place a bunch of women would want to travel to and support...
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 IMTX is designated as the Americas Championship [RangersBouncy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like IM Frankfurt is historically the European Championships.
I must say however, I always regarded these regional championships as regular IMs. And they are. There is nothing which distinguishes those regional championships from other IMs. Neither you have to qualify, nor „the best“ participate, you can just sign up as for a regular IM. Calling yourself the „American champion“ or „European champion“ winning it or the AG seems thus a bit of a joke.
Last edited by: longtrousers: Aug 11, 22 3:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What does the designation mean? Is this what Des Moines was this year? So it'll be a big pro race & have a ton of Kona slots?
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 IMTX is designated as the Americas Championship [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

along with the increase in the number of Kona slots in IM races comes a considerable increase in the registration fee:

$1,400 USD + Hawai`i GE tax & Active processing fees

according to the 2022 VinFast IRONMAN Vichy athlete guide
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 IMTX is designated as the Americas Championship [amateurfromger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
amateurfromger wrote:

along with the increase in the number of Kona slots in IM races comes a considerable increase in the registration fee:

$1,400 USD + Hawai`i GE tax & Active processing fees

according to the 2022 VinFast IRONMAN Vichy athlete guide

That’s for Kona, this thread is about texas being NA and SA championship race. I don’t see an increased fee for texas. Texas is still $899 (before fees).
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 IMTX is designated as the Americas Championship [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, besides having a few more qualifying slots, the regional championship designations are fairly meaningless I think.

It would be cool if you had to qualify (based on racing fast, not some IM frequent flyer thing).
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 IMTX is designated as the Americas Championship [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So does this mean there are 100 regular slots (divided men and women as usual) and then another 65 slots for women? So men will get roughly 70 slots and women will get roughly 95 slots?
Quote Reply