Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Non-baseball things that make baseball great [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was just at a Red Sox game last night, first time since pandemic hit. It was great (though guy a couple rows in front of me took a foul ball to the face in the first inning - was able to walk away but blood all down his front).

Fenway is a great park, and singing Sweet Caroline during the 8th inning is fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Non-baseball things that make baseball great [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
Was just at a Red Sox game last night, first time since pandemic hit. It was great (though guy a couple rows in front of me took a foul ball to the face in the first inning - was able to walk away but blood all down his front).

Fenway is a great park, and singing Sweet Caroline during the 8th inning is fun.
Unless the Sox are losing. Then it's just dumb.
- Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: Non-baseball things that make baseball great [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From across the bar it seems the Field of Dreams game is broadcasting on Fox, just getting started.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
One Nats player, fan favorite Michael Morse, used to have ā€œTake On Meā€ as his walk up song, and the crowd would sign the high note part of the chorus. It was so much fun, it became the 7th inning stretch song and the whole crowd would sing along.

Thereā€™s a phenomenal relief pitcher entrance song in NY right now. Man that must be fun to see in the ballpark.

Watching Mo take the mound in the 9th inning of the World Series. Thatā€™s was a phenomenal relief (closer) entrance. Hard to think it will ever be matched.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is being suspended for PED usage a non-baseball thing?

Francisco Tatis, Jr. for 80 days.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Non-baseball things that make baseball great [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:

Explains why the Padres made some big moves right before the trade deadline.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I played baseball until I was around 15-16 then quit the sport in disgust. I never really revisited it until I was in my 20's and some friends and I did a road trip down to Seattle to see the mariners play the bluejays.

The atmosphere was amazing! I spent the whole game wandering the stadium and taking it in from different areas. I had an incredible time and left without even remembering the final score.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Non-baseball things that make baseball great [jeffa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffa wrote:
Here it could be any sport, any team, any time of year and an E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES will come out at least once. It happens at concerts too.
I lived in Boston a number of years and there it can happen anytime, anywhere. During my wifeā€™s graduation from Northeastern the audience got into a rowdy chant of ā€œYankees Suck!ā€ during one of the speeches that had absolutely nothing to do with baseball. Standing in line at Dunkin was popular spot for a spontaneous Yankees Suck chant.

My roommate used to complain we lived in a bad neighborhood because he kept getting his tires slashed. Mine never got slashed, but I didnā€™t have a Yankees hat in the back of my car either.
Quote Reply
Re: Non-baseball things that make baseball great [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on, he had athletes foot or jock itch, and as we all know, the only effective treatment for that is a cream with a testosterone precursor. Which is only available in Mexico. šŸ˜„

According to wickipedia the drug he was busted for was developed by the East Germans.

slowguy wrote:
klehner wrote:

Explains why the Padres made some big moves right before the trade deadline.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
One Nats player, fan favorite Michael Morse, used to have ā€œTake On Meā€ as his walk up song, and the crowd would sign the high note part of the chorus. It was so much fun, it became the 7th inning stretch song and the whole crowd would sing along.

https://youtu.be/29rpv7OncwM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Thereā€™s a phenomenal relief pitcher entrance song in NY right now. Man that must be fun to see in the ballpark.

https://youtu.be/J_fe4TuIczM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

So the Mets are leading the Dodgers (best team in baseball right now) 2-1 going into the 9th inning. Of course, that means Edwin Diaz is coming in. Oh, and Timmy Trumpet himself just happens to be in the audience.

(and Diaz retired the side in order on nine pitches including one strikeout)

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply

Prev Next