Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Serena Williams learns biology! [Clara Roberts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clara Roberts wrote:
BLeP wrote:
satanellus wrote:
Ajla Tomljanovic does the tennis equivalent of shooting Bambi's mum and ensures her own place in tennis history as a trivia night question.

Serena fought tenaciously to the end. A couple of 15 minute games in the final set not reflected by the final scoreline.

Didn’t watch. I am sure she did. I am sure she desperately wanted to win one last Open.

Anyway, great career. Ride off with dignity.

Stop talking.

Ha ha! Who are you saying should stop talking?

I think earlier you thought Serena should fuck off?
Are you seriously saying she should stop talking?

You have some nerve, you little pipsqueak.

My goodness you still don’t get it and you still can’t comprehend the context clues. You need to stop being blinded that a man is criticizing a women.

First of all, it is criticism of a professional athlete and their PR. When they make public statements they should expect criticism. That’s just how it works whether you like it or not.

Second, you need to get back to basic grammar and context clues.

When Blep says she should fuck off or stop talking, he is saying she should fuck off (with that logic) and she should stop talking (about how unfair it is.

That’s what ride off with dignity implies. That’s the whole cliche about riding off into the sunset. That’s what this thread is about.
Quote Reply
Re: Serena Williams learns biology! [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I followed tennis back in the 1970's, but it's fallen off my radar since then. However, you can't miss some Serena Williams stories just from looking at sports news, and I did check to see her results at this year's US Open.

Is this a Tiger Woods thing, i.e. if she's playing in a tournament, tennis gets some coverage? I checked out today's women's singles schedule, and the only name I recognized was Sabalenka. That might be because, unlike most of the other women, she and Azarenka didn't have national flags next to their names. It turns out they're both from Belarus, and I probably saw a story discussing how Sabalenka, along with other players from Belarus and Russia, have dealt with some resistance to letting them play in tennis tournaments.

Anyway, no Serena Williams to follow anymore. But we've got college football today, and the NFL next week!

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Last edited by: Alvin Tostig: Sep 3, 22 8:10
Quote Reply
Re: Serena Williams learns biology! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's hoping Serena, like McEnroe, becomes more likeable in retirement.
Quote Reply
Re: Serena Williams learns biology! [TMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TMI wrote:
Here's hoping Serena, like McEnroe, becomes more likeable in retirement.

Sums it up. Best and most succinct post of the thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Serena Williams learns biology! [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next