Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? July 25 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 25 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did absolutely nothing last week...did a sprint triathlon on the 16th, started feeling a bit of a sore throat on Monday, thought it was race related. Tested on Tuesday and was + ...so been shut up in my room all week, no fun. Feeling better, but tested again yesterday and was still +, so still keeping away from others and wearing a mask, haven't left the house since last Sunday. Kitties have been trying to keep me company, but I'm going a little stir crazy.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 25 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh no, I hope you start feeling better soon.

I did my first tri since 2019 on the weekend. Did the "25km" race at the PTO Canadian Open in Edmonton. It was fun and watching the pro women swim was fabulous. Would have loved to do more spectating, but life stuff was piled up.

Kind of made me miss racing, kind of made me happy to be slow and able to enjoy the experience.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 25 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDCali, I'm sorry you have the virus :(

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 25 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice!

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 25 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my goals were 3-4 strength sessions (did 2), do stuff to make me faster (did), keep up healthy coping skills (still going strong - 5 weeks in a row, I think!).

3 swims (15,875 yds total)
4 runs (40.1 mi total)

goals this week are the same as last

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 25 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
Oh no, I hope you start feeling better soon.

I did my first tri since 2019 on the weekend. Did the "25km" race at the PTO Canadian Open in Edmonton. It was fun and watching the pro women swim was fabulous. Would have loved to do more spectating, but life stuff was piled up.

Kind of made me miss racing, kind of made me happy to be slow and able to enjoy the experience.

Every day gets a little bit better, haven't had any major symptoms, just a lot of fatigue. I am starting to go a bit stir crazy, I don't know how I did it at the beginning of the pandemic when everything shut down...though I think I swam a couple of times in our backyard pool. I have only left the house once since the positive test and that was to sit in the backyard for a little bit.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I continue my streak of my VR workouts and I went back to the gym last Friday. I hadn't been there in over 7 months but my strength wasn't that far off of what I'd been lifting last November. Probably going to work with a personal trainer once a week. I also signed up for a bike training group - there are about 10 of us, some beginners, others like me, wanting to get back into shape. Our goal is a 50 mile ride in early October. We rode an hour on Saturday in the heat and humidity. I felt good, though later that evening, I got some muscle cramps in my legs. I'll need to watch hydration a lot more closely since the prescription I'm taking for the swollen foot/ankle can cause dehydration/cramps.

Hope you're feeling better soon Suzanne!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply