Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training to be a fitter
Quote | Reply
I want to be a bike fitter. I live in the Minneapolis area but would travel to get great training. Where would suggest.
Quote Reply
Re: Training to be a fitter [GSTriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Empfield’s FIST course! I believe he’s conducting one in November sometime?

USAT L2 TriAUS L2 UC Irvine head coach "The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art."
Leonardo da Vinci
Quote Reply
Re: Training to be a fitter [Yakie54] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be great, where do I find out about these courses?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s not where. It’s who. In the world of fit school’s you will find different beliefs and philosophy’s. Start with things you believe in I’m putting on a weekend event November 6&7 in Philadelphia. And you will learn about hand on techniques that will make most flat surfaces capable of in to fit stations This is part t of th expo the fit course is free. The range is class runs from dis ability to inability. Any questions reach out.
Happy

Happy
Quote Reply
Re: Training to be a fitter [Happy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with Happy, part of fitting is finding OR ADAPTING a fit system that works with what you know. I am Retul/Specialized trained, but I have made some changes to how I fit and deviated from their playbook on things I have observed or learned over the course of some years. New thing I have to convince the boss to spend money on is that I believe saddle pressure mapping has a place in my fitting system.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GSTriathlete wrote:
I want to be a bike fitter. I live in the Minneapolis area but would travel to get great training. Where would suggest.

Hi Glenn:
Slowtwitch has a workshop coming up in September: 19th-23rd, at Xantusia, here in southern California
More information here: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...ume_in_May_8239.html
Register here

Karen ST Concierge
Last edited by: STConcierge: Jul 20, 22 13:34
Quote Reply