Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: small/xs tri bike
Quote | Reply
Looking to put a friend on a tri bike for her key race this fall. Looking in the 50-52 cm range. Really not picky, just needs to fit and be safe and functional. She has a low-end road bike but it's too large and has a bunch of problems. There's easily $500 of work to be done on it and it's a $300 bike. Hoping maybe there is a tri bike out there hanging in someone's garage....

Thinking cervelo p2, QR kilo, felt da, 7 series speed concept etc. Old is fine. carbon or aluminum is fine. Bonus points for good wheels but I know we are already asking a lot here. Price range is $600-800 max. Extra bonus if you are in the northeast/upstate NY and we can come take a look at it.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: small/xs tri bike [Insidious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How tall is your friend?
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: small/xs tri bike [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5'3" with longer legs. Correction, she's 5' 5", 50-52cm makes more sense
Last edited by: Insidious: Jul 18, 22 10:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably needs a frame in the 45cm to 48cm range.

Eventually, your friend would want 150mm crank arm length.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: small/xs tri bike [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, see above. We had her size estimate 50-52 cm correct, I was just wrong about her height.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you still looking? I've got a Felt B14, size 48, that I'm selling for a friend. 2010 model, all carbon, ten speed. Excellent condtion and well maintained, with new Felt fork installed in 2020. Depending on shipping costs from mid-Atlantic area, within your price range.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply