Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

4 month performance bike rental - San Francisco?
Quote | Reply
I am looking to rent or borrow a bike for 4 months while I train for Ironman California. I am 5" 3' (have a 51cm Cannondale Synapse). I don't need anything over the top, just looking for a second bike so one can stay on my trainer. Ideally it will have disc breaks, Ultegra DI2 (or similar) and may or may not be a TT bike. I live in San Francisco but will to drive a bit if anyone has a bike laying around or can suggest a place that offers long term performance bike rentals.

IT can be a lady bike or a unisex bike. Any ideas? I really want to wait until my second IM before committing to buying something.
Quote Reply
Re: 4 month performance bike rental - San Francisco? [rachellek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sports basement may do monthly rentals.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: 4 month performance bike rental - San Francisco? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Sports basement may do monthly rentals.

^^^^This.
Sports Basement Presidio: https://shop.sportsbasement.com/...o-road-hi-mod-carbon

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: 4 month performance bike rental - San Francisco? [rachellek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Given how much 4 months rental would be from even somewhere like Sports Basement (>$1500) might be worth considering a second hand bike with the intent of selling it after 4 months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be the third vote for Sports Basement at the Presidio. I would have said try Nytro Multisport but I see they sold to Trek in Encinitas.
Quote Reply
Re: 4 month performance bike rental - San Francisco? [JonD71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JonD71 wrote:
Given how much 4 months rental would be from even somewhere like Sports Basement (>$1500) might be worth considering a second hand bike with the intent of selling it after 4 months.
This is the best option unless you can just borrow one. You should be able to sell it for about the same price you pay.
Quote Reply
Re: 4 month performance bike rental - San Francisco? [SkyFly Gal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sports Basement & Nytro were the 2 places I started with! I am so sad to see Nytro gone (had no idea). Unfortunately, Sports basement didn't have much - Cannondale Synapse with 105 group set but not available for a few more weeks and was hoping for a few other options.
Quote Reply
Re: 4 month performance bike rental - San Francisco? [JonD71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would definitely buy 2nd hand if you staying that long. Even if you sell it for cheaper than you bought it, it won't be cheaper than renting for so long. Also, you don't have to worry if you crash or ding it up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If this is the bike that is going on the trainer, buy a used bike (facebook marketplace, craigslist etc) and then sell it. Odds are you can sell it for what you paid for or close to it. Also if this is going to be on the trainer, it doesn't have to be anything fancy, 9 speed or 10 speed would be just fine.
Quote Reply