Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Se torsken
Last edited by: Se torsken: Jul 5, 22 21:50
Re: Pool with gym - opportunities [Se torsken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
driving to the gym to ride indoor doesn't sound any smarter than riding indoor at home from a time saving stand point
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Se torsken wrote:
Hi
I’m excited. Soon my local pool is expanding with a gym centre, giving access to treadmills and spinning cycles. This is great news for more Triathlon focused sessions. Especially during long cold winter months up here in Norway.

I’ll be interested to hear of your gym or 'pain cave' brick sessions. How do they look and how often do you do them?

Anyone doing indoor training Triathlons on a regular basis? This makes sense in my head now with the opportunity. Generally not a fan of indoor cycling, but with it all at hand things gets the whole 'competitive‘ dimension for self testing. More fun.

Also interested to hear from those of you who do swim and cycling specific weight training – how does sessions look and do you combine them with the different disciplines? I’m at that age when it’s high time for taking strength training serious.

So I was hoping to see the hive mind at work here. Have you found a particular book/ practical philosophy for a bigger picture approach?

I've been doing this type of training for years. Generally I swim first, then run on the t-mill, then do some strength training, then a second run on the t-mill. I mainly focus on pushups, pullups, dips, lat pulldowns, seated rows, and situps. Not really biking much these days but when I did ride a lot, I'd just sub the bike for the first run, and do a somewhat longer single run after the bike. For whatever reason, I've always done the strength stuff last but you could throw it in anywhere really. IMO, I just think it's simpler to do all of your training in one place and in one long workout if you can. OTOH, many people seem to prefer to break their workouts into smaller portions but to me that just means too many clothing changes. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I opened this thinking it might be referring to an opportunity in Girona. :(
Quote Reply
Re: Pool with gym - opportunities [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Generally I swim first, then run on the t-mill, then do some strength training, then a second run on the t-mill. I mainly focus on pushups, pullups, dips, lat pulldowns, seated rows, and situps. Not really biking much these days but when I did ride a lot, I'd just sub the bike for the first run, and do a somewhat longer single run after the bike. For whatever reason, I've always done the strength stuff last but you could throw it in anywhere really.

I can't remember, but I don't think I ever did swim and strength on the same day; maybe that was my problem LOL

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Pool with gym - opportunities [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m also one for doing all in one go. The practicality of getting things done above all. Implementing strength sessions this needs reconsideration.

Generally my sessions are Swim>Run. I prefer to be fresh before swims. My poor technique needs every attention.

Maybe there’s a thread about favourite brick sessions already. What do you guys like to do?

Triathlon intervals? Indoor Super League style.. :D

I’m thinking of doing a shorter run or cycle with the strength sessions. Preferably first for quality. But maybe there’s more to be gained by pushing fatigued muscles.

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Pool with gym - opportunities [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think I ever did swim and strength on the same day
---
THAT's your problem with his post?!?! Who TF runs on a treadmill twice in the same day?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Pool with gym - opportunities [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
I don't think I ever did swim and strength on the same day
---
THAT's your problem with his post?!?! Who TF runs on a treadmill twice in the same day?

Actually, based on the 100 runs in 100 days results, quite a few STers do this. And, before the rules changed to only allow 3 runs/day to count, some guys ran up to six 3-mile runs in one day. Our own Herbert is one that I can think of off the top of my head. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply