Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wyoming GOP Primary JEOPARDY! [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TiDriver wrote:

Over the long weekend, I went for a motorcycle ride up into SE Wisconsin (Kenosha Co). Been a while since I was up that way, but I recall seeing all kinds of Trump signs/banners/flags. This time, I was quite pleasantly surprised to count only 2 - one was a ~3'x5' generic sign, and the other was a Trump 2024 flag with "Take America Back Again" on it (TABA?). Seems like sort of a 'shoot yourself in the foot' kind of slogan, given 1/6 and the exponentially growing pile of evidence against the bloated POS.

I wonder which one was jharris' place.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyoming GOP Primary JEOPARDY! [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
I think it would be naive to think anything has changed. The only place these people went is back into hiding. Those signs will be back up if Trump gets through unscathed and runs again. Total exoneration.

Sadly, I think that you are right. Those signs will come back out if he announces another run.

There is a local hardware place nearby that has Trump 2024 signs along his fence. He used to have Impeach Biden and a number of other signs and placards. I have been debating on whether or not to quit doing business with them since they support trump after Jan 6.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Well that certainly got under his onion skin-thin orange peel. Hard to know if this is real or satire, the line is all but invisible to me lately.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Jul 5, 22 20:39
Quote Reply
Re: Wyoming GOP Primary JEOPARDY! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

Well that certainly got under his onion skin-thin orange peel. Hard to know if this is real or satire, the line is all but invisible to me lately.

That's satire. This is real.

Quote Reply
Re: Wyoming GOP Primary JEOPARDY! [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dang, she missed a great opportunity to plug none of that would have been possible if Jesus was aborted. I picture her sitting down with her book of Mad Words and throwing darts at trigger words to fill in the blanks. Great strategy, apparently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure it's not real but with Marge one never can tell reality from bat shit crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyoming GOP Primary JEOPARDY! [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
gofigure wrote:
There was a National forest for a good bit and there were no signs of any campaign support there. My guess would be private ownership was where signs were seen. Why do you ask?

I don't know how it works down there but here any candidate can put up signs on public property. So having the most signs doesn't mean anything. However, having the most signs on private properties does mean something.

The return trip allowed for a more thorough yet still meaningless analysis. I saw more pronghorns than all campaign signs. I saw more cattle than houses and people combined. All of the "Cheney for Wyoming" signs I did see were all within the city limits of Laramie on front lawns. Laramie is home to the University of Wyoming. I saw only one competitor's sign. It was along the interstate highway just outside of Cheyenne, it was a full billboard Dump Cheney sign by Hagemen that included reference to being paid for by a PAC with Trump strings.

I attended the Saratoga, Wy 4 July parade and the only politics on display there was for all of the local candidates. It seems the locals there don't even know or care of this coming federal election.
Last edited by: gofigure: Jul 6, 22 8:35
Quote Reply
Re: Wyoming GOP Primary JEOPARDY! [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume that you drove through Centennial to Saratoga? How does that area look after the fire 2 years ago?

My wife and I drove through there and she fell in love with it. It saddened us to learn that it had been hit by the fire.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyoming GOP Primary JEOPARDY! [RINO Rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RINO Rick_pcfl wrote:
I assume that you drove through Centennial to Saratoga? How does that area look after the fire 2 years ago?

My wife and I drove through there and she fell in love with it. It saddened us to learn that it had been hit by the fire.

The fire was south of there. Nothing along 130 was affected as I recall. (I was through there last year).
Quote Reply
Re: Wyoming GOP Primary JEOPARDY! [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
RINO Rick_pcfl wrote:

The fire was south of there. Nothing along 130 was affected as I recall. (I was through there last year).

Thanks. That's good, well for that area at least.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyoming GOP Primary JEOPARDY! [RINO Rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RINO Rick_pcfl wrote:

yes ,it is as 307 reports. I saw no evidence of recent fire damage along rt 130. It does look like the pine trees are suffering disease though. Next time through you should stop in Encampment, another very small once mining town and farm village of original homesteaders, and visit the town's museum. It is staffed with local youth who provide a guided tour through it. For a small town their not so little museum of assorted buildings is quite impressive.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyoming GOP Primary JEOPARDY! [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the suggestion. I will remember that for the next time I am in that area. It looks like it would make for a fun side trip.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyoming GOP Primary JEOPARDY! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Voting turnout seemed to be quite good this morning. Hoping for an unlikely comeback win for Cheney.

It wouldn't completely shock me to see Cheney do well based on what I see locally. Unfortunately, I think the more rural areas of the state will be heavily weighted Trump/Hageman.

Predicting Trump/Hageman but holding out hope for Cheney.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
Voting turnout seemed to be quite good this morning. Hoping for an unlikely comeback win for Cheney.

It wouldn't completely shock me to see Cheney do well based on what I see locally. Unfortunately, I think the more rural areas of the state will be heavily weighted Trump/Hageman.

I'm in a really weird state rooting for a Cheney.

But I would bet she loses at least 60/40

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:

She's going to get crushed.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Wyoming GOP Primary JEOPARDY! [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
307trout wrote:

Each time an anti-Trump GOP candidate loses big it illustrates over and over how misguided Republicans are in thinking Trump doesn't still own the GOP. They are going to have to do something to take back the party. It isn't just automagically going to happen on its own.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyoming GOP Primary JEOPARDY! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
BLeP wrote:
307trout wrote:

Each time an anti-Trump GOP candidate loses big it illustrates over and over how misguided Republicans are in thinking Trump doesn't still own the GOP. They are going to have to do something to take back the party. It isn't just automagically going to happen on its own.

I believe that they are praying, very quietly, that the criminal Justice system takes him down. All the wanna-be Presidents would love that, but all of them will run for office on the “Trump was railroaded/political prisoner” crap for years to come. Some would run for President with “I’ll pardon Trump” as a campaign promise. Maybe they all would. I see that as a “Raise your hand if…” question in a primary debate and anyone who wouldn’t pardon him is doomed.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyoming GOP Primary JEOPARDY! [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
I believe that they are praying, very quietly, that the criminal Justice system takes him down. All the wanna-be Presidents would love that, but all of them will run for office on the “Trump was railroaded/political prisoner” crap for years to come. Some would run for President with “I’ll pardon Trump” as a campaign promise. Maybe they all would. I see that as a “Raise your hand if…” question in a primary debate and anyone who wouldn’t pardon him is doomed.

You are probably correct. Sadly, had they done the right thing and convicted him on either of his impeachments, there would have been some short term blowback but his influence would decline and the base would come back. It's not like they're going to vote for Democrats.
Quote Reply

Prev Next