Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Used high end 11speed bike in 2022 ? Yes or no
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone

Have oppotutnity to upgrade my tri bike and buy an used cervelo p3x ultegra di2 at good price.
3 years old bike wirh around 3k kilometers on pretty good condition.

Was wondering wirh new 12 speed coming, if i want to kep the bike for next coming years, did you think its good idea to spend 5k on 11 speed di2 ? (More about spare parts …)

Thanks for advice !
Quote Reply
Re: Used high end 11speed bike in 2022 ? Yes or no [Nodejs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12s is a pair of derailleurs, some cables and battery if you want to upgrade the 11s at some point (wait until you're replacing cassette and chain anyway).
Tri setups for 12s use the same shifters as 11s, with a reducing junction to the new, smaller cables.
If the bike is a good price, you're not harming your future compatibility
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on your gearing needs. I do not like any of the new 12S groupsets because they solve for a problem I do not have. I use a 11-25 for most races and a 11-28 for hilly races. The smallest 12S cassette is huge and the cog spacing is worse than my range on 11S.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just now running to the end of my 10 speed parts and moving to the new 11s stuff I've had sitting in my 'to be installed' bin for the last few years!

If my experience of using 'outdated' groups is any indication, you'll be fine for availability (and parts will normally be discounted).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would say 12s is really only an improvement if you are going 1x with a 54, or greater, front ring but still riding some hillier terrain. The larger cassette sizes would be nice. The rest of the differences are pretty minor.

Maybe the best way to think about it is ask yourself how much you would be saving over the equivalent 12s bike. I bet that extra cog is setting you back 3-4000$.
Quote Reply
Re: Used high end 11speed bike in 2022 ? Yes or no [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At almost half the price of what these are going for on theproscloset you may even be able to ride it for a bit and sell it and still come out even.

As others said, I’d have a cassette or two on hand to tailor gearing for the course.

Of course, fit is a huge aspect of a bike purchase - so I’m assuming this bike is a great fit. (?)
Quote Reply