Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? July 4 edition
Quote | Reply
Happy fourth to everyone who celebrates it! How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 4 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a good week last week! 7/7 days of healthy coping skills, and stuff to make me faster
5 swims -> 19,500 yds
5 runs (but 4 days; one day was run/swim/run) -> 33.29 mi
a couple strength sessions

and a good fourth of July weekend w family.
Goals this week are healthy coping skills and keep doing stuff to make me faster.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 4 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not to brag or anything but I had a tough day yesterday mentally and I got through it w healthy coping skills :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
not to brag or anything but I had a tough day yesterday mentally and I got through it w healthy coping skills :-)

Good job.

My weekend was bleh. I hate holidays. At least the Tour de France has begun.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 4 edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I hate holidays.

aww, all of 'em?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm super frustrated. Came down with flu at the weekend and I have a 1.5K swim event on the 17th. All training has gone out of the window, just praying that I'll be healthy in time now, to take part and flail around! Super annoyed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Last week I was offered a full-time position in the district I have been subbing in. Trying to get all the paperwork taken care of...fingerprinting, TB test, college transcripts and about 18 other forms to fill out before I can start. Swam for the first time in a while...open water as pool is still closed, found out this week that it is now going to be closed until August, possibly September.

This week has been interesting.I went to Disneyland on the 4th to watch the Electrical Parade and the Fireworks...the parade has a lot of childhood memories for me. Tuesday was spent recovering from Monday. Today we took 3 kitties in to a low cost clinic (line up in morning to get on list, then come back in afternoon for actual services). Oldest kitty- Yoda- skin issues turned out to be flea allergies, so they have set us up with better flea meds (every 3 months instead of monthly). Two itty bitty kitties (just over 8 weeks old)- got 1st round of vaccinations, flea treatment, deworming & nail trim...still have 3 more itty bitty kitties to go, which will happen next week when we finally are able to take the mama in to get fixed. Will get a swim in on Friday, open water again, and try to get a run or bike in since I have a triathlon on the 17th.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m glad to hear your coping skills carried you through the rough patch.

Wow, I was really angry on the 4th. Livid. I started writing a DM to you because I thought I might need help. I felt like I had no good coping skills and no bad coping skills. I felt like NOTHING would offer relief. Not exercise. Not a funny movie. Not a chat with a friend. Not food. Not alcohol. Not yelling at someone.

So I didn’t do anything. I just felt bad.

Later in the day I volunteered with my older son at our local fireworks show in order to raise money for the high school music program. I socialized with people while my son and another student did all the work. That made me feel good! It was really fun. My son said it was fun, too.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 4 edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Last week I was offered a full-time position in the district I have been subbing in.

Congrats! What grade level or subject will you be teaching?

Quote:
Two itty bitty kitties (just over 8 weeks old)- got 1st round of vaccinations, flea treatment, deworming & nail trim...still have 3 more itty bitty kitties to go, which will happen next week when we finally are able to take the mama in to get fixed.

Awww! I foster kittens when I'm in Oklahoma. I have two cats here in Maine - adult cats that I adore - but I miss having a bunch of kittens running around.

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 4 edition [Clara Roberts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I’m glad to hear your coping skills carried you through the rough patch.

Wow, I was really angry on the 4th. Livid. I started writing a DM to you because I thought I might need help. I felt like I had no good coping skills and no bad coping skills. I felt like NOTHING would offer relief. Not exercise. Not a funny movie. Not a chat with a friend. Not food. Not alcohol. Not yelling at someone.

So I didn’t do anything. I just felt bad.

Later in the day I volunteered with my older son at our local fireworks show in order to raise money for the high school music program. I socialized with people while my son and another student did all the work. That made me feel good! It was really fun. My son said it was fun, too.

Thanks. I'm sorry you had such a rough day on the 4th but glad things have settled out for you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Quote:
Last week I was offered a full-time position in the district I have been subbing in.

Congrats! What grade level or subject will you be teaching?

Quote:
Two itty bitty kitties (just over 8 weeks old)- got 1st round of vaccinations, flea treatment, deworming & nail trim...still have 3 more itty bitty kitties to go, which will happen next week when we finally are able to take the mama in to get fixed.

Awww! I foster kittens when I'm in Oklahoma. I have two cats here in Maine - adult cats that I adore - but I miss having a bunch of kittens running around.

It’s an itinerant position…basically subbing but set for one or two schools, we’ve been having issues with being short on substitutes in my district for a long time.
We’ve had a series of feral cats & kittens around since before COVID, we’v gotten all but one of the adult cats fixed (the mama of the 5 itty bitties, she’s got an appointment next week,)

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply