Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Challenge Roth - Race Day Thread! [Dave Latourette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave Latourette wrote:
Hey Dev ... In general I agree on the "carbon shoe" comment as I am seeing more athletes with lower extremity "issues" than ever. (achilles, calf / plantar fascia / posterior tib etc.) My fist question, "what shoe have you been training in?" ... EVERY single athlete has been doing a significant amount of training in some sort of plated / soft or bouncy / less stable shoe. That said, Jan does a-lot of training in non plated shoes (especially the Hoka Rincon, which he was wearing @ Roth) ... that said, Jan has always had calf / achilles issues across his career. I hope we see him a few more times at full strength!

Springy bouncy shoes change our mechanics in terms of stability and the timing of how calf and tibia muscles interact with toes which is totally different from how we all both evolved for running or learned to run as kids (the timing is just subtly different). When we run across a trampoline we have to change some of our timing. That is an extreme example but somewhere in between pure barefoot and trampoline you have carbon plated running dynamics.

It's just slightly different. Does it lead to some injuries ? It's just a hypothesis for now
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth - Race Day Thread! [sfjab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sfjab wrote:
His Girona house is on the market... for sale...

https://www.idealista.com/en/inmueble/98102238/

I thought triathlon didn’t pay?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth - Race Day Thread! [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
Kampinou wrote:
Interesting comment. Not sure you heard it, but on a recent interview before Roth, Patrick Lange said the same:

Interviewer: "I feel like in recent years, more and more people are not making it to the startline healthy...illnessess, stress fractures, ...Is it because the stakes are higher or am I seeing something that is not happening"
Patrick Lange, answering straight away: "Carbon shoes would be my answer. I think they're not good training shoes"

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1gmKc6OV6pNQTV2uoFoyEs
From minute 23

take this for what it is worth: a friend of mine is an orthopedist and an avid runner. He told me that, unless you are a true neutral runner, you should only run in carbon once or twice per month. The stiffness is absolutely going to cause Achilles tightness.

my n=1: this is total nonsense.
I am by no means a "natural runner" and been running almost 100% in carbon shoes (training and racing) since the OG 4% came out. Probably 40 miles weekly avg. including 100 miles week. Zero injury and I'm 51
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth - Race Day Thread! [DoronG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neutral not natural.

They are not the same.

I’m a neutral runner. This refers to foot strike. I neither pronate nor supinate. And I run with carbon shoes all the time too.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth - Race Day Thread! [sfjab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sfjab wrote:

I’d take it…..

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth - Race Day Thread! [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
sfjab wrote:

I’d take it…..

I don't understand how anyone dates to buy a house in Spain. A couple of squatters can take your house any day, and the law protects them,.meaning you as the home owner can be homeless for 3-4 years while going through trials.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth - Race Day Thread! [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
sfjab wrote:

I’d take it…..

I don't understand how anyone dates to buy a house in Spain. A couple of squatters can take your house any day, and the law protects them,.meaning you as the home owner can be homeless for 3-4 years while going through trials.

Completely bullshit, that it's not true

Sorry if my english is pretty bad, I am not english native
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth - Race Day Thread! [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
sfjab wrote:

The timing of this is very interesting......

why would you think this is very interesting . this was obviously planned well ahead and it was no coincidence he spend a lot time in andorra. and from what he said he felt like the altitude works for him and i would assume for him that is the prime reason to move. if it was just for tax reaons i guess he would have moved to monaco as i would guess for him this would work out better . while there is a lot of cyclists in andorra the big earners seem mostly to reside in monaco and with all his business interests he has he would likely be better of there.
i guess he made girona the big training hub now soon many will follow jan and cam who has been in andorra for a while i think.
i would agree the time of the move would indcate he knew he would not run in roth but it is clear he wants to win kona.
and i think one thing is clear the norwegians will not see him on the swim and bike. i have no idea who will win but it would be such a great race as i think patrick will also be in the mix as his swim and bike will improve till kona , and ditlev is racing super smart i dont think it will work out for ditlev in kona this year but i love the way he is racing ironmans and himself and smith have a bright future.

what would be more interesting to know did smith also move to andorra .
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth - Race Day Thread! [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
Adman wrote:
sfjab wrote:

why would you think this is very interesting . this was obviously planned well ahead and it was no coincidence he spend a lot time in andorra. and from what he said he felt like the altitude works for him and i would assume for him that is the prime reason to move. if it was just for tax reaons i guess he would have moved to monaco as i would guess for him this would work out better . while there is a lot of cyclists in andorra the big earners seem mostly to reside in monaco and with all his business interests he has he would likely be better of there.
i guess he made girona the big training hub now soon many will follow jan and cam who has been in andorra for a while i think.
i would agree the time of the move would indcate he knew he would not run in roth but it is clear he wants to win kona.
and i think one thing is clear the norwegians will not see him on the swim and bike. i have no idea who will win but it would be such a great race as i think patrick will also be in the mix as his swim and bike will improve till kona , and ditlev is racing super smart i dont think it will work out for ditlev in kona this year but i love the way he is racing ironmans and himself and smith have a bright future.

I don't think the timing has anything to do with the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth - Race Day Thread! [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
pk wrote:
Adman wrote:
sfjab wrote:

most likely the timing has something to do with kids finishing the year in schcol or kindergarden or whatever , so i have really no idea what would we very interesting in the timing and is seems like neither have you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
Adman wrote:
pk wrote:
Adman wrote:
sfjab wrote:

most likely the timing has something to do with kids finishing the year in schcol or kindergarden or whatever , so i have really no idea what would we very interesting in the timing and is seems like neither have you.

Do they still have their business in Girona?

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth - Race Day Thread! [ferluinavela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ferluinavela wrote:
lassekk wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
sfjab wrote:

I’d take it…..

https://www.spanishpropertyinsight.com/squatters-in-spain/

Come again?
Many documentaries on it as well,you have to pay ransom or go through super slow system if you don't act fast enough
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth - Race Day Thread! [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
ferluinavela wrote:
lassekk wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
sfjab wrote:

I’d take it…..

https://www.spanishpropertyinsight.com/squatters-in-spain/

Come again?
Many documentaries on it as well,you have to pay ransom or go through super slow system if you don't act fast enough

And in USA you can't walk the street without been shooted..., not every newspaper/web tell the real truth

Sorry if my english is pretty bad, I am not english native
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You were correct re the Andorra move - I do hate being wrong, but credit as you were far better up on the news!
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth - Race Day Thread! [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
pk wrote:
Adman wrote:
pk wrote:
Adman wrote:
sfjab wrote:

Do they still have their business in Girona?

Hasn’t Emma been in Australia for 3 months? Andorra is a tax haven so it might be business related. The photos of his house look like the house is empty.

Seems a bit strange as his son would have been settled into school for past 2 years. It is 3 hours from Girona to Andorra.
Quote Reply

Prev Next