Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
echappist wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
Jungle Bob is heading to Bora!

Jagsamesh!

Great success?!

And now Cav to Bora! I hope he takes the Cannibal's record next year!
He shouldn't go to Bora if he wants to shoot for a TdF stage win. They'll be looking at GC at the TdF with Higuita and/or Hindley. If Bennett can return to form, Cavendish might not even be their fastest sprinter.

Another storyline to follow, though.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
He shouldn't go to Bora if he wants to shoot for a TdF stage win. They'll be looking at GC at the TdF with Higuita and/or Hindley. If Bennett can return to form, Cavendish might not even be their fastest sprinter.

And after the excitement of the GBR national road race, Cav really didn't look great in Poland without Quick Step's top leadout train. I'm not sure he's a great freelancer against good competition anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sad to say it but Sammy Ben had a terrible year and this youngster Mark van Cavendish is going to just attack off the front and mop up stages. ;)

In all seriousness, Sam did have a bad year and if he isn't a sure thing they will take Mark for a stage regardless of GC ambitions. Mark got that deal for one reason. TdF win(s) and all of the eyeballs he brings from a marketing standpoint.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Aug 10, 22 7:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Luke "Lit" Lamperti at L'Avenir.

No longer off Broadway. It's showtime.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought he was some hack and that the Williams bros could eat the WT?

The Commonwealth Games shows the divide between continental teams and the real hitters. The United States represents on the WT, but with an entirely different type and level of talent i.e., Kuss, Sheffield, Powless, etc.. The TT and road race were a bit embarrassing for Legion (however it is spelled).

Lamperti fought some awfully hard races this year in Europe. His power, positioning and nose for the front show the level he is at and why he could win a nats title mostly without anyone working for him.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Aug 11, 22 17:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
The TT and road race were a bit embarrassing for Legion (however it is spelled).

Who among U.S. crit bangers has achieved international success at high levels? Not talking about U.S. stars that show up at a crit now and then, but crit regulars. No one recently I don't think. Some guys in the 80's? I believe Davis Phinney and Thurlow Rogers?
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember riding with that kid when he was 14. No surprise he’s on the steps of big show.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
The TT and road race were a bit embarrassing for Legion (however it is spelled).

Who among U.S. crit bangers has achieved international success at high levels? Not talking about U.S. stars that show up at a crit now and then, but crit regulars. No one recently I don't think. Some guys in the 80's? I believe Davis Phinney and Thurlow Rogers?

Coryn is the only modern name that comes to mind. No one I can think of in the men's peloton. That said, I really know nothing about your crit scene, I was just shocked by how bad results were at the Commonwealth games for Williams.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Aug 12, 22 3:28
Quote Reply

Prev Next