Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Questions about contraception possibly disappearing or being made illegal or whatever [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
mattbk wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
mattbk wrote:
Because I dont post all day like you, but end up posting more to call out yours and others bullshit that gets left unchecked. Especially the ridiculous hypocrisy that happens here daily from the ruling party...

Agreed, there are always many good reasons for saying kind things about your fellow slowtwitchers.

I really like your dedication to animals and your advocating for their well-being. That aspect alone let's me know you are a good person at heart. I may call out what I think are bullshit arguments from you, and you tend to do so hyperbolicly... but I know you are a good person at your core.

I am surprised by your response. Maybe we have a lot more in common than you think.

You bet, l am extremely concerned that we humans are destroying almost everything we touch. When l care about animals and the natural world and then l learn that, in the last 50 years, we humans have managed to kill off TWO-THIRDS of world's wildlife, and that the rate of this destruction is only accelerating, it is a painful and horrific fact. And, call me crazy, but, when l learn stuff like this, it sure as hell appears that the sky is falling.

https://www.npr.org/...ears-we-are-to-blame

I am a big animal lover as well. Currently two cats.

I used to have more time to post but many times now I have a few windows to jump on.

I've posted a bit more angry recently, but am worried about how the world is progressing.

Twitter censors, but was more hesitant to censor hate against Clarence Thomas, e.g., calls for his assassination, calling him "Uncle Clarence" and "House N****r"... but at least Twitter removed the assassination threats after a few days. Some of the rhetoric here after roe v wade wasn't that bad, but there was stuff I had to argue.
Quote Reply
Re: Questions about contraception possibly disappearing or being made illegal or whatever [mattbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattbk wrote:
I've posted a bit more angry recently, but am worried about how the world is progressing.

Why do you think this is happening to you?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Questions about contraception possibly disappearing or being made illegal or whatever [Clara Roberts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the "don't tread on me" crowd is DOING AN AWFUL LOT OF TREADING ON OTHER PEOPLE RIGHT NOW

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Questions about contraception possibly disappearing or being made illegal or whatever [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
mattbk wrote:

Time crunched so I have not posted on more casual topics, but stepped in the mud of the angry ones where too much bullshit was being leveled unchecked. And people here are getting angrier and meaner daily.

I think is happening in general from many posters, here or on social media. "Commie as fuck" Twitter however allowed racial slurs against Clarence Thomas and only took down death threats and calls for his assassination after days due to complaints from conservative sources on how this was preposterous to allow. That is pretty fucked up to censor anything you want from conservatives but to allow racial slurs and assassination threats from lefties up.

This place has not been as bad, but the psychotic angry rhetoric from some lefties on here has been absolutely reprehensible. And of course left without even a smack on the hand... Only the liberals are allowed to be angry, screaming, and threatening in our current state.

I dont want to see a Civil War 2... and I dont want to live in a country won by either. Neither deserve all their wants. Compromise is the key to success, and the wings of both parties don't have an inch to give...
Quote Reply
Re: Questions about contraception possibly disappearing or being made illegal or whatever [mattbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don’t see it as ironic that you are on a thread started by a female about the very real situation of health care choices being limited for her, playing the victim card complaining about how only liberals are allowed to be angry?
Last edited by: Moonrocket: Jul 6, 22 8:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mattbk wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
mattbk wrote:

Time crunched so I have not posted on more casual topics, but stepped in the mud of the angry ones where too much bullshit was being leveled unchecked. And people here are getting angrier and meaner daily.

You might be right.

But are you one of the persons that is also getting angrier and meaner?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Re: Questions about contraception possibly disappearing or being made illegal or whatever [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://tennesseelookout.com/...f4-9a07-94ad73470ee9

Tennessee Right to Life savors victory and looks to next legislative goals
In the aftermath of U.S. Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, a principal architect of Tennessee’s abortion laws talks

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Questions about contraception possibly disappearing or being made illegal or whatever [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a lot of people alive that lived in a world where contraception was not legal in the marital relationship.

Not so crazy that this could not be your reality again the way things are going
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
mattbk wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
mattbk wrote:

You might be right.

But are you one of the persons that is also getting angrier and meaner?

Not meaner per say, but have been annoyed at what people get away saying unchecked.

However, you called me out for not saying something nice over the past few days or so, and I realized I should. So Instead of arguing or complaining I decided to meet your challenge and told you some nice things I think about you. I think the more people open up here the harder it is to not view them as a person and treat them as such.

Many times when I try to lighten up or make concessions here it is viewed as blood in the water and the sharks attack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mattbk wrote:
Many times when I try to lighten up or make concessions here it is viewed as blood in the water and the sharks attack.

Sure, agreed, that definitely happens. And, like you, l have certainly been the target of many insults. But, l *try* to never ever insult back. Or, better, l try to say something respectful back.

It drives the insulters crazy.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
mattbk wrote:

Sure, agreed, that definitely happens. And, like you, l have certainly been the target of many insults. But, l *try* to never ever insult back. Or, better, l try to say something respectful back.

It drives the insulters crazy.

Lol, absolutely. And you get to them without stooping to childish rhetoric...
Quote Reply

Prev Next