Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump Indictment [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
I'll bump my own thread.

The question was in regard to a possible indictment for January 6th. I now think it is more likely that he gets indicted for the documents at Mar-a-Lago and for trying to fix the outcome of the Georgia election.

So, do you think that he gets indicted now that the midterms are behind us?

I think he is getting indicted in Georgia ("find me one more than we need" isn't something you want on tape) and that it will be in the next few months.

I'm more "maybe" on the documents because I'm not sure that Garland has much spine.

That is a quick timeline on GA. The special grand jury can last until May, though Fani Willis hoped it would be done this year. Given the fight over Graham’s testimony and the complications of writing a report, it would not be surprising if that drags into next year. Then, assuming the report warrants it, they would need to convene a regular grand jury to issue the indictment. So, add maybe another few months.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Indictment [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am more so saying that in the eyes of the DOJ, the midterms are not behind us. If they could wait till now, they are going to wait another month.

I think he will get indicted fairly quickly after the georgia run off.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Indictment [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
I am more so saying that in the eyes of the DOJ, the midterms are not behind us. If they could wait till now, they are going to wait another month.

I think he will get indicted fairly quickly after the georgia run off.

If we are talking about the classified docs, DOJ probably needs to wait for the special master process to finish before they can indict. Not saying that as a matter of strict law. But, it would not look good to the courts to issue an indictment before there was a resolution on the privilege issues. Doing so would imply that DOJ was being disingenuous when complaining that the special master process is delaying things.
Quote Reply

Prev Next