Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Things people try and bend the rules on [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they likely were trying to pass. I used to have to cover the Southeast for work so had to spend a lot of time driving. Often there would be a line of trucks in right lane and often, one of them would determine the group was too slow and pull out to pass. This would always involve cutting off the faster cars in left lane and then taking miles to pass the truck/s on the right. If there's a slight uphill, it would take even longer. If trucks are going 65mph, they'd try to pass doing 67mph while prevailing traffic is 80mph+. Always caused this huge line of cars behind them.

It was better on highways with more lanes as at least you could get around. But between major cities, some of the highways drop to 2 lanes.

In GA, we have similar law but technically they are passing.

ChiTownJack wrote:
Moonrocket wrote:

Do you not have a law that the passing lane is only for passing? It’s a law in CO - you can be pulled over for not yielding in the passing lane.

I spent about 8 hours driving on I-70/I-65 yesterday - the worst and most common offenders were professional truck drivers. Often, they were in the passing lane going the exact same fucking speed as another semi in the right lane.

It is the law, but i doubt anyone gets pulled over for this.
Quote Reply
Re: Things people try and bend the rules on [40-Tude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
40-Tude wrote:
NJ turnpike has a section for Cars only, and a parallel portion that mixes cars, trucks, buses.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Things people try and bend the rules on [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I work in HR for a very employee friendly company. So I have a few good ones but probably most 'bend the rules' one is:

Pet is part of the immediate family so should be allowed on the company medical plan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
We were at a recreation softball end of season tournament in the semi-finals and the other team’s coach seemed completely surprised when we pointed out the rule that pitchers can only pitch 4 innings of a game.

She could have won an Emmy!

Curious where others see people trying to bend rules.

Paying taxes
<end of thread>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Red lights are becoming the thing around here. In the last year or so people are outright blatant about running red lights. There is a delay between one light going from yellow to red and then the other turning green. Even with the yellow, then red, then delay, you still have to look every way before you pull out on your green light cause chances are really good that some jackass is coming through.

On my drive home yesterday it happened twice in 1 mile. First guy was in a diesel truck, my light turned green and he wasn't even to his stop line yet. He gunned it and then began his turn after my light was already green.

Very next light, same thing, only this time it was a full on semi truck that hadn't even entered the intersection until my light was and had been green.

Everyone is so much more important than everyone else these days.
Quote Reply
Re: Things people try and bend the rules on [slink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
Quote:
using phones in movies, shows and other dark places where the screen light is glaringly obvious
I'm horrified at how many drivers I see looking at their phones. I need to use a cross walk every morning with my kids and 50% of the time the car blows right through it and most often I can see they're looking at their phone.

ME TOO (on the being horrified)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Things people try and bend the rules on [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I work in HR for a very employee friendly company. So I have a few good ones but probably most 'bend the rules' one is:

Pet is part of the immediate family so should be allowed on the company medical plan

Feel free to share more funny examples :-)

every time I foster a pregnant mom cat and she gives birth I ask for Caternity Leave. This has not yet been granted but I'll keep trying

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Things people try and bend the rules on [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A-A-Ron wrote:

Red lights are becoming the thing around here. In the last year or so people are outright blatant about running red lights. There is a delay between one light going from yellow to red and then the other turning green. Even with the yellow, then red, then delay, you still have to look every way before you pull out on your green light cause chances are really good that some jackass is coming through.

On my drive home yesterday it happened twice in 1 mile. First guy was in a diesel truck, my light turned green and he wasn't even to his stop line yet. He gunned it and then began his turn after my light was already green.

Very next light, same thing, only this time it was a full on semi truck that hadn't even entered the intersection until my light was and had been green.

Everyone is so much more important than everyone else these days.

We have red light cameras where I live to help deter this, but there are so many loopholes that most never see a ticket or fine. Like you, I take the pause 2 second rule before entering the intersection. I often get honked at because I don't floor it off the line when the light turns green.

Trieatalot

It's a C minus world.
Quote Reply
Re: Things people try and bend the rules on [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lived in Lexington, KY for a couple years. In Lexington if you hear a siren for an ambulance or fire truck their goal is not to pull over so the emergency vehicle can pass, but rather to outrun it before it can reach you?
Quote Reply

Prev Next