Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dan Bigham’s trispoke [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that. As nice as the old 69’er rides, I doubt a shallower wheel is going to be faster for my 10’s or track events.
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Bigham’s trispoke [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
I saw that. As nice as the old 69’er rides, I doubt a shallower wheel is going to be faster for my 10’s or track events.
new wheel is lighter tho, new front wheel is 727g vs 890g old one. I am debating which one should I get, mostly for local TT races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ksavostin wrote:
They have new 60mm tri-spoke wheels:

Trilight-C21 3-Spoke Clincher Front Wheel Disc Brake (lightbicycle.com)

I wonder how does it perform against old 69mm.

I've just opted for the Caden wheel instead. I like their thinking in its design.
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Bigham’s trispoke [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK Gearmuncher wrote:
Ksavostin wrote:
Has anyone had a chance to test it yet?
Any update on testing anyone ?
I had a chat with Ben who owns the company and he said Dan Bingham does the research and development for Enios tt gear and that he sent them 10 tri spokes and discs to trial recently so if you see them in the peloton soon you will know they have tested well. Check out his disc, spoked wheel, very unique, all of his own design and under 1kg. Looks next level...
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Bigham’s trispoke [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
UK Gearmuncher wrote:
Ksavostin wrote:
Has anyone had a chance to test it yet?
Any update on testing anyone ?

I had a chat with Ben who owns the company and he said Dan Bingham does the research and development for Enios tt gear and that he sent them 10 tri spokes and discs to trial recently so if you see them in the peloton soon you will know they have tested well. Check out his disc, spoked wheel, very unique, all of his own design and under 1kg. Looks next level...

Yes, I think I had an identical chat with Ben and later spoke to Dan too. Guess who then bought the last one in stock ? ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless your TT has a lot of turns or climbing, it looks like the smart money just pushed the envelope for deeper even if you gain a few grams. https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Quote Reply
Re: Dan Bigham’s trispoke [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
Unless your TT has a lot of turns or climbing, it looks like the smart money just pushed the envelope for deeper even if you gain a few grams. https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Thats a cool looking tri spoke, what brand is it?
As for lightbicycle 69 vs 60mm trispoke, new version also has hidden valve and per manufacturer is also a bit stiffer.
Last edited by: Ksavostin: Jun 29, 22 19:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Notice it was waves in it so I’d say it is an unreleased Princeton???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ksavostin wrote:
Ohio_Roadie wrote:

Thats a cool looking tri spoke, what brand is it?
As for lightbicycle 69 vs 60mm trispoke, new version also has hidden valve and per manufacturer is also a bit stiffer.

I don’t know how heavy your are or how many watts you put out in a sprint but the old one has been rock solid on the road and the track. Unlike many spokes wheels that ping pong between the brake pads over the years I’ve never thought this once about the LB 3 spoke that was have. Anyway, not here to pick apart the pros and cons. For me TT’ ing at 29-30 mph and race track at or above that, I’m happy to have the deepest and most aero wheel that the UCI will let me ride.
Quote Reply

Prev Next