Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

uploading a course to use on a treadmill
Quote | Reply
Hi all, it's been about 10 years since i last raced, and decided to get back into the sport with an entry to Half-ironman New Zealand in March 22.

Technology has moved on significantly since my last race. For my training, I'd like to "follow" the HIM run course on my treadmill. So can i download a half ironman route map (i.e gpx file?) and load into an app (like Zwift / Kinomap?) and have my treadmill (bluetooth connected) follow the route gradient? it feels like it should work - or I have i over-thought how the new tech works? Or is it simply better to just increase the incline myself!

Ideally, i'd prefer to not pay for a subscription to an app, as it's only the one route i'm interested in and not planning to use the app for training plans (self-managed plan) unless others feel they offer terrific value.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark
Last edited by: markwharram: Jun 26, 22 21:07
Quote Reply
Re: uploading a course to use on a treadmill [markwharram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done this in the past, but it's been a bit so my information may not be 100% current. I used the iFit app (with associated paid subscription) on my NordicTrack treadmill to do it. In iFit, you can map a course using the google map/streetview feature, then import that workout to the treadmill and run it. The treadmill will follow the incline of the run course, within the limits of the treadmill (in my case +12% to -3%), and the display will basically show a "slideshow" of the google street view images of the course. I used this to train the Coeur D'Alene 70.3 run course, and it helped me a lot to know where the major inclines were on the course and to have a decent visual of the course.

I have no idea if there's a way to do this without a paid subscription to something though.
Quote Reply