Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How are you coping emotionally with the SC decision? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Missouri hospital system will no longer give rape victims Plan B - **even though Plan B works by stopping ovulation** because they're afraid of their liability.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you coping emotionally with the SC decision? [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're posting this question in a forum largely populated by men so I hope you don't mind my thoughts on it, which are very similar to my response in how I've been coping with yet another mass murder of school children in America.

Numb. Almost indifferent. I've been around long enough to recognize the pattern, the blitzkrieg of shocking events, one after the next, to know that another equally or more shocking truth will follow shortly after, and it appears to have already happened what, less than a week after Roe was tossed.

We're now left to confront the very likely reality that Trump's malevolence being laid bare before the entire world will be met by half of our friends and neighbors with willful disbelief and hardening support for a malignant narcissistic sociopath who's nearly led our republic into another civil war.

Honestly, after 2016, I've just been conditioned to expect the worst and am rarely let down. Elect a known fraudster president, sure. Global three year pandemic made exponentially worse via incompetence? Why the fuck not. Impeach and let off a criminal President, TWICE, sounds about right. Coup attempt broadcast on live TV and half of the country refuses to believe their lyin' eyes, well of course. Execute NINETEEN elementary school kids while the cops stand by and blame door locks and depression, de ja vu. McConnel packs the court with conservatives who say Roe is established law only to see it tossed like a garden variety campaign promise, absolutely par for the course. There is no end point and no effective way to respond but to wall it off. You can fight but you won't win. You can only hope things eventually stop going to hell in a hand basket.

So it's hard for me to get emotional about this stuff anymore. I'm mostly detached at this point and doom scroll just to keep up with the news.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: How are you coping emotionally with the SC decision? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
You're posting this question in a forum largely populated by men so I hope you don't mind my thoughts on it

Of course not. I've been heartened to read responses here by men, and see support from men in real life, on facebook, and so on.

Quote:
So it's hard for me to get emotional about this stuff anymore. I'm mostly detached at this point and doom scroll just to keep up with the news.

I've reached that point with some stuff. It's probably a survival mechanism in some way.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you coping emotionally with the SC decision? [Erin C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Erin C. wrote:
Missouri hospital system will no longer give rape victims Plan B - **even though Plan B works by stopping ovulation** because they're afraid of their liability.

Article has been removed!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you coping emotionally with the SC decision? [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
Erin C. wrote:

Looks like it's been updated: https://www.kansascity.com/...rticle263027928.html
Quote Reply
Re: How are you coping emotionally with the SC decision? [Erin C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Erin C. wrote:
Moonrocket wrote:
Erin C. wrote:

Looks like it's been updated: https://www.kansascity.com/...rticle263027928.html

Well that makes me sick.

Maybe the second amendment to protect against a tyrannical government is a good idea.

Pretty soon if this keeps going we’re going to have a lot of hormonally unstable womens.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you coping emotionally with the SC decision? [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
Please read some analysis of the majority opinion and concurrences, those cases are not at risk of being overturned.

This is frankly a dumb thing to say.

Supreme court "The law is what ever we want it to be, we will ignore precedent and philosophical consistency to implenment our unpopular reactionary agenda."

You "The supreme court would never ignore precedent and it would never just ignore what it wrote in another case to implement unpopular reactionary agendas!"

The supreme court is consistent in on way, they will implement what ever reactionary agenda they have 5 votes for. It is just really wild to think what was written in Dobbs matters at all. If they have 5 votes, they will not give a shit what was written in Dobbs, just like don't give a shit what was written in other cases or give a shit what reality actually is.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you coping emotionally with the SC decision? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
You're posting this question in a forum largely populated by men so I hope you don't mind my thoughts on it, which are very similar to my response in how I've been coping with yet another mass murder of school children in America.

Numb. Almost indifferent. I've been around long enough to recognize the pattern, the blitzkrieg of shocking events, one after the next, to know that another equally or more shocking truth will follow shortly after, and it appears to have already happened what, less than a week after Roe was tossed.

We're now left to confront the very likely reality that Trump's malevolence being laid bare before the entire world will be met by half of our friends and neighbors with willful disbelief and hardening support for a malignant narcissistic sociopath who's nearly led our republic into another civil war.

Honestly, after 2016, I've just been conditioned to expect the worst and am rarely let down. Elect a known fraudster president, sure. Global three year pandemic made exponentially worse via incompetence? Why the fuck not. Impeach and let off a criminal President, TWICE, sounds about right. Coup attempt broadcast on live TV and half of the country refuses to believe their lyin' eyes, well of course. Execute NINETEEN elementary school kids while the cops stand by and blame door locks and depression, de ja vu. McConnel packs the court with conservatives who say Roe is established law only to see it tossed like a garden variety campaign promise, absolutely par for the course. There is no end point and no effective way to respond but to wall it off. You can fight but you won't win. You can only hope things eventually stop going to hell in a hand basket.

Thanks for posting this. It's not just you.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you coping emotionally with the SC decision? [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am very disappointed in the majority of American Christians.

What a bunch of immoral POS's.

Liars!
Hypocrites!
Sadists!
Fraudsters!

If there is a hell...
And they believe there is...

Their short sadistic lives shall be followed by an eternity in the hell they try to create here on Earth.
Last edited by: Velocibuddha: Jun 29, 22 15:12
Quote Reply
Re: How are you coping emotionally with the SC decision? [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:
I am very disappointed in the majority of American Christians.

What a bunch of immoral POS's.

Liars!
Hypocrites!
Sadists!
Fraudsters!

If there is a hell...
And they believe there is...

Their short sadistic lives shall be followed by an eternity in the hell they try to create here on Earth.

Eternal judgement is well above my pay grade ("judge not" etc.), but there do seem to be a lot of [generally white] men who pride themselves on being Dunning–Kruger experts on how lady bits work.
Last edited by: geetee: Jun 29, 22 19:35
Quote Reply

Prev Next