Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
We're 100 days from Paris!!!

Anyone want to predict the podium with me at this point? Just a bit of fun to see how wrong we can get it.

1. Potter
2. GTB
3. Waugh

1. Yee
2. Wilde
3. Blum

MTR

1. GB
2. France
3. Germany

Come at me!!!

I like your picks, and I like that they don't show your bias at all :-)
Too bad there was only one GB man to choose from!

With that said, you could still end up being right.

My picks:

Yee
Wilde
Vilaca (but I think Pearson is a big podium contender too, and this assumes the French attempt at getting away on the swim-bike doesn't work)

Potter
GTB
Beaugrand

Germany
France
GB
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll go with:

1. Duffy
2. Lindemann
3. Potter

1. Bergere
2. Yee
3. Coninx

1. Germany
2. France
3. GB
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:
Jackets wrote:
runningeconomy wrote:
Based on recent form, Waugh is the clear number two and it'll be between GTB and Coldwell for the third spot. For me the selection is not just for Paris 2024 but also for LA 2028. Lombardi will probably be at her peak by then and Waugh is their closest athlete at that age and level that they have. Not getting in the Paris team will set her back vs Lombardi.
I can sort of agree with this, I couldn't help thinking seeing Waugh and Lombardi thinking this is the future of women's Tri here for the next Olympics. I'm not sure GB selectors will go with a development pick though, there's too much funding on the line with medals.
If they think GTB and Coldwell have better medal potential then they'll go with those two.
Lombardi looked really good! Has she already qualified for Paris?
Admittedly I am an armchair old fart but if I was picking the teams now based on what we have seen so far this season I would go:

Potter/GTB/Waugh - GTB in Lieven the other week shows she is almost back to her best, another couple of months running and she is a medal contender. Potter showed her true prowess this weekend and is a clear MTR potential and individual medal contender. Waugh based on her beating Coldwell and her end of season last year.
Coverage of the Lombardi/Waugh/Coldwell race:
https://www.triathlonlive.tv/...riathlon-cup-melilla
Interviews at 1:01:56
Almost zero spectators!
The GTB v Waugh v Coldwell pick for slots #2 and #3 will be down to Cagliari, with Coldwell likely to miss out, on current and latter half of 2023 form. Waugh consistently takes 30 seconds out of her (over 10km; 22 seconds in Melilla over 5km).
https://triathlon.org/...riathlon_cup_melilla
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
SheridanTris wrote:
Jackets wrote:
runningeconomy wrote:
Based on recent form, Waugh is the clear number two and it'll be between GTB and Coldwell for the third spot. For me the selection is not just for Paris 2024 but also for LA 2028. Lombardi will probably be at her peak by then and Waugh is their closest athlete at that age and level that they have. Not getting in the Paris team will set her back vs Lombardi.
I can sort of agree with this, I couldn't help thinking seeing Waugh and Lombardi thinking this is the future of women's Tri here for the next Olympics. I'm not sure GB selectors will go with a development pick though, there's too much funding on the line with medals.
If they think GTB and Coldwell have better medal potential then they'll go with those two.

Admittedly I am an armchair old fart but if I was picking the teams now based on what we have seen so far this season I would go:

Potter/GTB/Waugh - GTB in Lieven the other week shows she is almost back to her best, another couple of months running and she is a medal contender. Potter showed her true prowess this weekend and is a clear MTR potential and individual medal contender. Waugh based on her beating Coldwell and her end of season last year.

Almost zero spectators!
The GTB v Waugh v Coldwell pick for slots #2 and #3 will be down to Cagliari, with Coldwell likely to miss out, on current and latter half of 2023 form. Waugh consistently takes 30 seconds out of her (over 10km; 22 seconds in Melilla over 5km).

You are aware that her best is the silver medal over 1500/40k/10k? this gimmicky indoor mini tri hardly shows that she is at the same level of fitness as in 2021. it shows she has made good progress recovering from her injuries but let's not get carried away here.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mag900 wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
SheridanTris wrote:
Jackets wrote:
runningeconomy wrote:

Almost zero spectators!

You are aware that her best is the silver medal over 1500/40k/10k? this gimmicky indoor mini tri hardly shows that she is at the same level of fitness as in 2021. it shows she has made good progress recovering from her injuries but let's not get carried away here.

You are aware I said give her another couple of MONTHS to get back to full fitness?
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:
mag900 wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
SheridanTris wrote:
Jackets wrote:
runningeconomy wrote:

Almost zero spectators!

You are aware I said give her another couple of MONTHS to get back to full fitness?

yes, which makes what your wrote even more nonsensical. you think her indoor result shows she is almost back to silver medal form and then in a couple of more months she will only be back to being a medal contender. again, lieven doesn't indicate much of anything. quartereira is what you should be pointing to as indicating that she has recovered well. she outran everyone there except CB and tertsch in an early season full 10k.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mag900 wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
SheridanTris wrote:
Jackets wrote:
runningeconomy wrote:
Based on recent form, Waugh is the clear number two and it'll be between GTB and Coldwell for the third spot.
I can sort of agree with this, [but] If they think GTB and Coldwell have better medal potential then they'll go with those two.

<ShreidanTris>: Admittedly I am an armchair old fart but if I was picking the teams now based on what we have seen so far this season I would go:
<Ajax bay>: The GTB v Waugh v Coldwell pick for slots #2 and #3 will be down to Cagliari, with Coldwell likely to miss out, on current and latter half of 2023 form.
I am. and I'm sure @SheridanTris is 'aware' too. Yet I think their opinion of GTB is reasonable: "another couple of months running and she is a medal contender". I can see BriTri relying on GTB for Leg 2 (whoever is the other pick, besides Potter) and GBR are a locked on 'contender' for an MTR medal and a good bet to retain their Olympic relay title.
Quote Reply

Prev Next