Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED Jet 6: which width Conti GP?
Quote | Reply
25 mm GP5000 seems slightly wide for a Jet 6. Would 23mm be a better choice, aerodynamically speaking?
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 6: which width Conti GP? [horn_blower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. It seems like the 23 gives most of the Crr reduction of a 25 and it fits the rim better. I run 23/25 on the TT and 25/28 on the road bike where aero isn’t quite as important.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last I saw, their recommendation (on this forum) was 23mm GP5K on front and 25mm GP5K in back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Conti 5000 TL and/or the 5000 S TR don't come in 23, only 25 or wider. The 25s are only ever so slightly wider than the brake track on the HED Jet 6+ rims, so they're violating the rule of 105%. The non-tubeless 5000 do come in 23, and while they're not wider than the brake track, they are close enough to also violate the rule of 105%, but not by much. Grand scheme of things, I don't imagine you'd notice much difference between the 23mm non-tubeless or the 25mm tubeless versions, aero-wise, though the 25s would be a bit more comfortable. 23 front/25 rear is a good compromise.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 6: which width Conti GP? [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm running the 25s for both front and rear with latex on non tubeless gp5000.

I have a 23, but don't really want to go down to the 23 as I like the 25. If I ever get a bad flat, then I'll change.

I'd say go with whatever you want. If you want a tad bit more aeroness, 23. A tad more width and comfort, 25.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to their site, they have a chart for each type of wheel. Depending on exactly which model you have, they are recommending a 23mm in front and a 25mm in back.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a 25mm on my Hed Jet+ disc and it was somehwere near 30mm when inflated. Had some rubbing in the rear on my Felt IA and had to go to 23mm. 25mm on my Jet Blacks on my road bike
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 6: which width Conti GP? [B2rad4u] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind of tire? I have run 25mm Continental GP4K2, Force, and GP5K on the back of my IA on a Jet Black Disc wheel with nothing close to frame rubbing.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 6: which width Conti GP? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
What kind of tire? I have run 25mm Continental GP4K2, Force, and GP5K on the back of my IA on a Jet Black Disc wheel with nothing close to frame rubbing.

25mm GP 5000. Noticed it after Augusta a few years back.
Last edited by: B2rad4u: Jun 27, 22 9:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B2rad4u wrote:
That's wild. The GP5K is narrower and measures closer to stated size than the GP4K2. That is what I am running now on my IA with the Jet Black wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 6: which width Conti GP? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
B2rad4u wrote:
That's wild. The GP5K is narrower and measures closer to stated size than the GP4K2. That is what I am running now on my IA with the Jet Black wheels.

I’m gonna check it out again. I would love to squeeze the 25s back on as I’m due up for some new tires
Last edited by: B2rad4u: Jun 27, 22 10:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had 25's on my 6+ but it rubbed the center of the brake housing on the rear brake so I dropped to it a 23 but kept the 25 up front. This is on my blue triad. After a couple hundred miles, it's nicer than my old cervelo duel, so I'm not overly concerned about losing a touch of aero.

I believe I could throw the tririg brake in the back and go back to the 25. Maybe one day will give it a shot. Not worth losing sleep over.
Quote Reply