Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: UCI TT Update, no posts yet? [TheWhiteCarrot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just to clarify, you still have to take an exemption. Either the 0 setback, OR the reach exemption. It's only if you take the reach exemption that you start adding for taller riders. For us under 180 nothing changes from the current way things work.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: UCI TT Update, no posts yet? [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, to my understanding it is still either or. -5cm set back and up to 85 out front or 0 set back and 75 out front? I think most people choose -5 saddle setback and maximize the reach to whatever they can get away with per the given jig, officials, humidity, location and altitude. In the passes I’ve both passed and then failed at multiple pre-race courtesy checks, and race day starts at UCI races, U-23 nationals and pro nationals. It seems largely dependent on the jig, who is running it, and potentially their power trip/attitude. My old team mechanic would set everything about 5mm under the limits to cushion the rider from the inability to have a consistent ruling just before the start line.
Quote Reply
Re: UCI TT Update, no posts yet? [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had a guy on the track fail the reach one time and we literally had him choked up on purpose, it was way...way behind 80, probably behind 75... but he was young and didn't argue it and ended up riding a kilo sitting basically bolt upright :D

First year US Pro nats was in Knoxville a local pro female wanted to get setup for the jig and she had an old Felt B12 from her Tri days... with the forward seatpost... even with the shortest saddle I had it was still like +5 in front of the bb... they put it in the jig, looked at her and waved her through without saying a word haha. Then she crashed coming out of the start gate...

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The finger holds with stubby shorter hand grips is key on the 10cm.

Reach wise it gets you a hair also.

I say easily gains you a whole 2cm or so on height and maybe a 1/2 to 1cm reach.

The finger holds are really for the bad bumps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
Had a guy on the track fail the reach one time and we literally had him choked up on purpose, it was way...way behind 80, probably behind 75... but he was young and didn't argue it and ended up riding a kilo sitting basically bolt upright :D

First year US Pro nats was in Knoxville a local pro female wanted to get setup for the jig and she had an old Felt B12 from her Tri days... with the forward seatpost... even with the shortest saddle I had it was still like +5 in front of the bb... they put it in the jig, looked at her and waved her through without saying a word haha. Then she crashed coming out of the start gate...

Most officials have a hard time understanding and enforcing all of the rules that apply to a TT at this moment. So much discretion or personal interpretation of the current rules leaves much room for mistakes and rules being improperly enforced or on the other hand not enforced at all. Hopefully the new rules will take some confusion out of it but likely not.

I’ve yet to fail a uci tech inspection but also would not be surprised if my setup was questioned. I usually leave everything -5mm so I’m on the safe side of things. On the other hand I seen someone using an EZ Disc chainring cover and finish 8th at the French Nationals. I was under the understanding those were not permitted?????
Quote Reply

Prev Next