Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

upload a photo file
Quote | Reply
Can someone point me to instructions on how to upload a photo of the bike I would like to advertise on the Classified. I have a thumbnail but can't seem to to get it to upload. Thanks for any help
Quote Reply
Re: upload a photo file [frenchfried] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should upload it to a third party hosting site (e.g. iCloud or Microsoft Live), use the linking function provided, and reference to the link created.

I use MS Live (google before that, before the uploading became untenable). There's an option for creating a link.

In your post, insert that link between the "" tags
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: upload a photo file [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks to both-just couldn't find it with "search"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve struggled to do this on SlowTwitch for over a decade now. Everytime I’ve asked or posted about it it usually gets a not so friendly remark from at least one person. Short answer that I’ve found. It’s bloody impossible from my iPhone unless dumb luck wins. From the computer best bet it is to upload it somewhere else and use a link. 9/10 when I try the file is too big and I do Tarah want to faff with it to make it work.
Quote Reply
Re: upload a photo file [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
I’ve struggled to do this on SlowTwitch for over a decade now. Everytime I’ve asked or posted about it it usually gets a not so friendly remark from at least one person. Short answer that I’ve found. It’s bloody impossible from my iPhone unless dumb luck wins. From the computer best bet it is to upload it somewhere else and use a link. 9/10 when I try the file is too big and I do Tarah want to faff with it to make it work.

It's nigh on impossible on my phone and tablet to obtain the correct image link

I just tried it using the MS Live app on my phone, and it gave me a link that can't be parsed.

When I go to the actual website, I can obtain an actual link to the image file

"https://by3302files.storage.live.com/...68&cropmode=none"

Bunch of gibberish-looking thing, but put that between the "img" and "/img" tags (use brackets), and it works. Also, one other minor annoyance, whenever I edit a post with a working image link, upon updating the post, some of the characters get corrupted, and the image no longer displays correctly.

Quote Reply
Re: upload a photo file [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
some of the best help I have gotten from ST. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: upload a photo file [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
You should upload it to a third party hosting site (e.g. iCloud or Microsoft Live), use the linking function provided, and reference to the link created.

I use MS Live (google before that, before the uploading became untenable). There's an option for creating a link.

Yes and than it lives only as long as that site exists. Example was "tiny pics" which stopped to exist. First problem is all the pictures on the old posts are lost, second problem you have to become acquainted with another system.

To defend slowtwich, I guess it would be expensive for them to provide for the storage space if they had to store all of the (large) pictures in their system.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"A picture is worth a thousand words".

There were some great shots of Remco Evenepoel winning the Tour De Suisse TT. I said to myself "something is up with the UCI" and sure enough, a few days later, they announced the changes. I tried posting one of these photos to the UCI Change thread, where he is coming very, very close to the classic Praying Mantis position, and got the usual "exceeded 250kb message". Sometimes I go through the bother of downsampling, but this time I didn't.

I'm sure that when Slowtwitch started, storage was at a premium. It is now 2022.
Quote Reply
Re: upload a photo file [Hanginon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hanginon wrote:
got the usual "exceeded 250kb message". Sometimes I go through the bother of downsampling, but this time I didn't.

I'm sure that when Slowtwitch started, storage was at a premium. It is now 2022.

I’d say 8/10 times I give up and figure it’s not worth the effort to post the photo.
Quote Reply
Re: upload a photo file [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
Hanginon wrote:
got the usual "exceeded 250kb message". Sometimes I go through the bother of downsampling, but this time I didn't.

I’d say 8/10 times I give up and figure it’s not worth the effort to post the photo.

^^^^ Agreed. They certainly need to upgrade.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: upload a photo file [playguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playguy wrote:
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
Hanginon wrote:

x2. It’s been a point of discussion and frustration for 10+ years now.
Quote Reply
Re: upload a photo file [Bryan!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryan! wrote:
playguy wrote:
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
Hanginon wrote:

Thank you.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: upload a photo file [Bryan!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryan! wrote:
playguy wrote:
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
Hanginon wrote:

Lets be more explicit about the elephant in the room - ST has great (and entertaining) content, but the platform is crazy old with lots of missing/poor functionality
I just don't feel I can complain given its free, certainly can't demand an upgrade to a more modern platform
Quote Reply
Re: upload a photo file [DoronG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the image I was referring to. It's a 342kb image from the internet, none of the EXIF data has been stripped, at least by me. It has been reduced to 10% image quality so I could upload it.

Do you think this image is important? I am not complaining, and I am not demanding anything. I just feel that given the importance of the UCI's new rulings, it would be helpful to the discussion if I (and others) could upload images without jumping through hoops.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whew-thanks for all the bitching. I thought I was being a real boomer! realbdeal solution worked perfectly. gotta love this forum
Quote Reply
Re: upload a photo file [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
longtrousers wrote:
echappist wrote:

Yes and than it lives only as long as that site exists. Example was "tiny pics" which stopped to exist. First problem is all the pictures on the old posts are lost, second problem you have to become acquainted with another system.

To defend slowtwich, I guess it would be expensive for them to provide for the storage space if they had to store all of the (large) pictures in their system.

I really don't think slowman should be footing the bills for the additional storage, and that his practice is pretty much in line with most other fora I frequent.

Some of us here are "power users", and as one of them, I wouldn't mind paying a monthly fee (with storage benefits).
Quote Reply