Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: H2O Audio case for iPod shuffle 2nd gen.
Quote | Reply
Anybody have an old H2O Audio case that holds an iPod shuffle 2nd generation (the rectangular one) and attaches to your swim goggles? Mine has given up the ghost after probably 20 years, and I'm somewhat attached to the idea of audio distraction while staring at the black line.

brother bonk
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: H2O Audio case for iPod shuffle 2nd gen. [brother bonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may have an extra case but it was not the type to strap to the goggles. I have the other one which straps to the arm. Let me know and I'll try an dig it out this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: H2O Audio case for iPod shuffle 2nd gen. [supafreeza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks but I am looking for the one that hooks to the goggles - I tried the arm variety once upon a time and, for me, didn't work too well when I am thrashing in the water (i.e. training in the pool)

bb
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: H2O Audio case for iPod shuffle 2nd gen. [brother bonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually may have one but I won't have a chance to look for it for a bit. Buried in storage somewhere. But I will look for it when I get a chance. And you can PM me to remind me if it seems I forgot. I'm honestly more impressed that you still have a functional 2nd gen iPod. I had to stop using the case because the iPod died a very long time ago.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: H2O Audio case for iPod shuffle 2nd gen. [Emzee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! Although I am not at all tech-oriented, I have learned to replace the batteries on the 2nd gen. I buy used shuffles on eBay, use them until the battery fails, then replace the battery. Until something else goes amiss. I have gone through about 8-10 of them over the years. There is probably something much simpler on the market now that delivers the same thing, but I suppose I am stuck in my ways. My tri bike is a 30+ year old Kestrel that runs 650c wheels - tubes for those are getting as hard to find as shuffles!

Thanks for looking, no hurry at all on this end, I really appreciate it!

bb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found it! It's this one you're looking for, correct? http://www.theistore.com/...2nd-gen-ipod-shuffle

I'll snap a photo of mine too but want to make sure it's the same one. The piece that snaps to close it is cracked, and I'll send you a pic of that as well so you can see. It does not seem to affect keeping it closed and secure at all but I did want too disclose that. I don't have the case it came in with all the different sized earbud pieces either. But I have the unit and the earbuds I had used with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the right case! The only question I would have is (obviously) if the cracked closure impacts the waterproof-ness of the set-up. If it still stays watertight . . . how much do you want for it?

bb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems to be ok still. I don't have an iPod to test it but I submerged it and there doesn't seem to be any water inside. It's just a small piece of the clip that snaps it shut that cracked off, but it still snaps shut. Like I said, I can send you a photo too if you want to see it. How about $25?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$25 seems swell to me. PayPal ok?

bb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I'll PM you.
Quote Reply