Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any feedback on Spinergy Tilium??
Quote | Reply
Any feedback on Spinergy Tilium?? Is it really just a Zipp rim??

I was, now I will tri again!
Any time is a good time.
God Bless you my friend.
Quote Reply
Re: Any feedback on Spinergy Tilium?? [Goodtime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't really matter if it's a clincher..it's not a race wheel.

*this is kinda fun pickin on myself and all*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a pair a couple weeks ago with the PBO spokes. The best benefit to me is on loonngggg rides my back does seem as tired. I am attributing this to reduction of raod chatter due to the PBO spokes.

They are not at all Zipps. I had a pair of 404's and I like the tilliums better,

Brian Long
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Spinergy rim is different from the Zipp. If it was made by Zipp, the cost would be $1400 for the set instead of $800.

Spinergy has had some hub problems in the past, but they seem to have solved them.

If you're looking for clincher carbon wheels and don't want a disk, they are a good way to go.
Quote Reply
Re: Any feedback on Spinergy Tilium?? [pedalincoastal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny that this gets brought up now. I just got back from my (very trusted and highly distinguished) LBS over my lunch break. I am looking into a new set of wheels that I can use to race on as well as log about 100 weekend road miles on regularly. At 6'3 and 180 lbs I am not too concerned about getting blown around with a deep rim. I have narrowed my selection down to a set of H3's or Tilliums. The PBO spokes really convinced me of the long mile benefits plus I am considering getting CH covers for my races. I've read the recent posts about Spinergy as a company and I am of the impression that the wheels they produce are high quality.

Back on topic: I asked the owner of the LBS if he could order Spinergy and he just blasted their wheels. What struck me as unusual was that it was not a simple opinion given, there was real passion behind his convictions. Sounded like a Public Service Announcement for my own protection. Nothing new that hasn't already been posted here (with one exception that I am reluctant to broadcast).

Is there anything that drives the dislike some people have of Spinergy? This seems like Campy vs Shimano or Tubular vs Clincher redux. People that don't like other companies don't seem to have the same intensity of dissatisfaction that Spinergy generates. The only experience I have with them are the stock xAerox that came with my '03 Caliente. I am upgrading but not out of any poor experience with the wheels that I have, they just don't fit what I intend to use them for.
Quote Reply
Re: Any feedback on Spinergy Tilium?? [pedalincoastal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you elaborate on what PBO spokes are. I am interested in the tilliums but I have never heard of PBO spokes.

As a side note I was looking at the Golden Gate Tri Club web page and I noticed that their members get pro pricing from Spinergy. That would make them less than 50% of the price of Zipps including the GGTC membership fee.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Any feedback on Spinergy Tilium?? [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The issue that Spinergy is facing is that they have a very bad reputation for poor products and bad customer service. I am not sure that this is true today but it was certainly true a few years back. I got a pair of the first XAero, needed truing every ride and rear hub blew out after 400 miles. I could not get to talk to anybody at Spinergy and it was hell to return these things for a refund.

Are they better now ? Maybe, but it will take a lot of phenomenal reviews of Sinergy wheels and a lot of time to have me even consider buying Spinergy again.

By the way, the PBO spokes were very confortable compared to anything else I rode.

- Lionel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply