Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: SRAM Red ETAP Blipbox
Quote | Reply
Selling sram 11 speed ETAP blip box. Used but works great.

$550 or best offer. Will ship within 24 hours.
Buyer pays for shipping and PayPal fees

PM me for details.
Last edited by: Chan: May 26, 22 14:57
Quote Reply
Re: FS: SRAM Red ETAP Blipbox [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$550 for a used, last generation blip box??? years ago, brand new these things retailed for $330. geeeeeeeeez.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: SRAM Red ETAP Blipbox [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
$550 for a used, last generation blip box??? years ago, brand new these things retailed for $330. geeeeeeeeez.

It does say or best offer.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: SRAM Red ETAP Blipbox [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chan wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

Wow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Chan wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

Wow.

You don't have to buy it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

Have you priced an 11 speed ETap front derailleur lately ?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: SRAM Red ETAP Blipbox [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mudge wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

Sure, 11 speed etap stuff is pricey now. So, aren’t a lot of things. If you want to make a mint, there are sites for that. I don’t expect ST members to try to take advantage of each other. And 167%
(Best offer or not) of retail price for a 5+ year old, used product is just wrong. I’m sorry but we can do better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Mudge wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

Sure, 11 speed etap stuff is pricey now. So, aren’t a lot of things. If you want to make a mint, there are sites for that. I don’t expect ST members to try to take advantage of each other. And 167%
(Best offer or not) of retail price for a 5+ year old, used product is just wrong. I’m sorry but we can do better.

It's not taking advantage if it's the market price. What it cost 3-4-5 years ago isn't relevant. For all you know, maybe the asking price is a discount for ST members relative to what they can get for it elsewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: SRAM Red ETAP Blipbox [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mudge wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
Mudge wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

It's not taking advantage if it's the market price. What it cost 3-4-5 years ago isn't relevant. For all you know, maybe the asking price is a discount for ST members relative to what they can get for it elsewhere.

To each his own. I say, we can do better as a community.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand what you're saying and appreciate where you're coming from. I love that we all on the forums look to keep an eye on prices and what's fair or perhaps unfair to buyers, and like you say prevent folks taking advantage of others. I recently called out another listings price because it was priced higher than well known online retailers selling the same thing at this very moment, and like you felt like pointing it out, for the same reasons you cite. So this is a great discussion, thank you!

Here, these aren't for sale anywhere retail-wise (as far as I know, happy to be shown sources selling these now). These are hard to find and people are paying a lot for 11 speed etap stuff right now. eBay has sold listings for these ranging from 350 to 550. Personally I don't think the seller is totally out of line here. And they noted or best offer. Priced aggressively, sure, but not unfairly in my view.

I think past retail price isn't really a perfect measuring stick. Right now with 11 sp etap it's just supply and demand, people want this stuff and there isn't a ton of it available. This is just my opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: SRAM Red ETAP Blipbox [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
I understand what you're saying and appreciate where you're coming from. I love that we all on the forums look to keep an eye on prices and what's fair or perhaps unfair to buyers, and like you say prevent folks taking advantage of others. I recently called out another listings price because it was priced higher than well known online retailers selling the same thing at this very moment, and like you felt like pointing it out, for the same reasons you cite. So this is a great discussion, thank you!

Here, these aren't for sale anywhere retail-wise (as far as I know, happy to be shown sources selling these now). These are hard to find and people are paying a lot for 11 speed etap stuff right now. eBay has sold listings for these ranging from 350 to 550. Personally I don't think the seller is totally out of line here. And they noted or best offer. Priced aggressively, sure, but not unfairly in my view.

I think past retail price isn't really a perfect measuring stick. Right now with 11 sp etap it's just supply and demand, people want this stuff and there isn't a ton of it available. This is just my opinion.

I hear ya on market value etc. but OP probably paid less than $330. I used to buy these for around $250 or less. I couldn’t in good conscience used it for years and then come on here to fellow STers and resell for $500ish regardless of supply/demand. But, that’s just me.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: SRAM Red ETAP Blipbox [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can actually use an AXS blip box with the 11 speed derailleurs:

https://cyclingtips.com/2021/11/sram-introduces-backward-compatibility-for-11-speed-etap-users/

Jus' sayin'.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: FS: SRAM Red ETAP Blipbox [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. Good mention, thanks!
Quote Reply