Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why do the least masculine men have so much to say about masculinity?
Quote | Reply
Tucker Carlson? Ted Cruz? Donald Trump?

Clearly they don’t even lift and I’m betting they could not put a drill in reverse if their life depended on it.

So why do people listen to their opinions on masculinity?

Unless masculinity has become chicks only dig me for my bank account.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do the least masculine men have so much to say about masculinity? [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Trump could convince some rubes that he's a Christian, it's not all that surprising that they think he's a manly man. Which is kind of funny because he mostly behaves like a petulant child or middle school "mean girl".

When he had his chance for his on version of a Beer Hall Putsch, he left his supporters hanging in the wind.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do the least masculine men have so much to say about masculinity? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
If Trump could convince some rubes that he's a Christian, it's not all that surprising that they think he's a manly man. Which is kind of funny because he mostly behaves like a petulant child or middle school "mean girl".

When he had his chance for his on version of a Beer Hall Putsch, he left his supporters hanging in the wind.

I'm pretty sure the rule is that if he identifies as masculine you have to respect that and refer to him with masculine pronouns or you are a rapist...
Quote Reply
Re: Why do the least masculine men have so much to say about masculinity? [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear two different questions there - related, but different.

Why do they have so much to say? Over-compensation via speech for deficits that exist in reality. Aspirational speech. That sort of thing. And for the examples you gave (Carlson, Cruz, Trump) - also because they get positive feedback from the listeners for saying it.

Which leads to the second question - why do people listen to their opinions on masculinity? Because it's what they want to hear, and it doesn't really matter to them whether the individual stating the opinion is actually living an existence that comports with the stated opinions in re: masculinity.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do the least masculine men have so much to say about masculinity? [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

I'm pretty sure the rule is that if he identifies as masculine you have to respect that and refer to him with masculine pronouns or you are a rapist...

I have no issue with that. I also think he has no balls, which is a saving grace for all of us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of my time in the Army and what I thought was masculine back then.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
Tucker Carlson? Ted Cruz? Donald Trump? Clearly they don’t even lift and I’m betting they could not put a drill in reverse if their life depended on it. So why do people listen to their opinions on masculinity?

I think the technical term for it is, 'overcompensation'.

Why people listen to them? Stupidity knows no limits

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Why do the least masculine men have so much to say about masculinity? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amen Brother.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What you are missing is that they see “masculinity” as simply being a gigantic fucking asshole with no consequences. That is the core of “masculinity” here and why of course trump and tucker are examples of it.

Now arguably, this has always been an undercurrent of traditional “masculinity”. It just was never presented as the central thesis as it is now. But it was always there. Straight white men could be gigantic fucking assholes to anyone that was not a straight white man, or they could be if they were stronger or richer. Obviously things from “bullying” to slapping a waitresses’ ass were always coded as masculine.

These people see having to treat other people with respect and having consequences for not doing so as “feminine”, because that is historically how women had to behave.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everything about today’s political right is cosplay. This is just another manifestation.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Why do the least masculine men have so much to say about masculinity? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Everything about today’s political right is cosplay. This is just another manifestation.

Why do you hate King Leonid.. I mean tactical beards?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Loosely related, but I fail to understand men who take pride in being an "incel.". Like right-wing extremist Nick Fuentes.

I could understand taking pride in voluntary celibacy.

But why take pride in *wanting* sex, but being denied?
Quote Reply
Re: Why do the least masculine men have so much to say about masculinity? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tucker has more days hunting and fishing than I ever will in a year. I am jelly for sure.
Quote Reply