Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 'Don't Say Gay' law literally means don't say gay [iBot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iBot wrote:
SDG wrote:
The Pine View "School for the Gifted" huh? Do they have a headmaster that scoots around in a wheelchair and can read minds? Do they have students that can shoot fire from their eyes or have claws shoot out of their knuckles?

Seems like a pretty self serving speech to talk about your self the entire time. Wonder if the other kids in the class were hoping he might say something about their collective experience and not just his curly hair.

I went to three graduations over the weekend and all the Valedictorian and Salutatorian speeches were about what "WE" as a class have been through and not "ME" as a person have done. They made much better speeches in the context of why everyone was there.

Maybe they should have dictated what they could not talk about to make sure that they kept it to WE.

they did in fact dictate what he could and could not talk about and he complied. I am suggesting the better graduation speeches focus on the "we" when you are addressing your classmates and are not used as a stage to discuss yourself alone. He was not the only one graduating and I am anticipate most didnt' care about his self serving quips.

The speech should have been focused on their group accomplishments, the colleges they will be attending, how life is moving onto its next stages, the goals they have as young people in general and then throw in a few funny lines about their collective experience at the school ( the smell in the biology lab freshman year, or the way Mr. Jones would make funny jokes each fourth period and made up nicknames for everyone).

Leave the politics out of it.
Quote Reply
Re: 'Don't Say Gay' law literally means don't say gay [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, his speech was pretty good. It was all about his him and his classmates' "WE" collective experiences. So you and him are right on the same page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpTVyozS7M0

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: May 24, 22 13:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
The Pine View "School for the Gifted" huh? Do they have a headmaster that scoots around in a wheelchair and can read minds? Do they have students that can shoot fire from their eyes or have claws shoot out of their knuckles?

Seems like a pretty self serving speech to talk about your self the entire time. Wonder if the other kids in the class were hoping he might say something about their collective experience and not just his curly hair.

I went to three graduations over the weekend and all the Valedictorian and Salutatorian speeches were about what "WE" as a class have been through and not "ME" as a person have done. They made much better speeches in the context of why everyone was there.

Oh look, SDG not getting. Shocking.
Quote Reply
Re: 'Don't Say Gay' law literally means don't say gay [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
SDG wrote:

Oh look, SDG not getting. Shocking.

It's hard to see the world when you're trapped in such a small bubble.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:

So when your gifted son pulled down his mask in school with a mandate in place was that a 'WE' moment or 'ME' moment? Asking for a friend.
Quote Reply
Re: 'Don't Say Gay' law literally means don't say gay [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
SDG wrote:

So when your gifted son pulled down his mask in school with a mandate in place was that a 'WE' moment or 'ME' moment? Asking for a friend.

Hey now that’s not the same because, because, well it’s just not the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exactly. That was a collective experience they all took part in. Taking down masks and blowing off stupid mask mandates.

He could have said...."And we all remember mask mandates and pulling down that mask in class each day."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
SDG wrote:

Yeah, he was doing it for his class, not because he's a selfish ass.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:

He could have said...."And we all remember mask mandates and pulling down that mask in class each day."

Didn't you just say, today, a few posts above this one, "leave the politics out of it"? It's almost as if you are fine with the politics as long as he takes the right side. Weird.
Quote Reply
Re: 'Don't Say Gay' law literally means don't say gay [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
SDG wrote:

Didn't you just say, today, a few posts above this one, "leave the politics out of it"? It's almost as if you are fine with the politics as long as he takes the right side. Weird.

Its good for someone on your side to admit mask mandates were all about performative politics. And here I was told they were about safety and based upon science.

Talking about blowing off mask mandates would not be about politics but would instead be about class comradery and memories of shared experience. You know, the reason for a speech in the first place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
Thom wrote:
SDG wrote:

Its good for someone on your side to admit mask mandates were all about performative politics. And here I was told they were about safety and based upon science.

Talking about blowing off mask mandates would not be about politics but would instead be about class comradery and memories of shared experience. You know, the reason for a speech in the first place.

Where did he admit that mask mandates were “all about perforative politics”?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:

Talking about blowing off mask mandates would not be about politics...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:

You didn't watch it did you...

The vast majority of his speech was about their shared collective experience, with about 90 seconds of it devoted to his "hair".
Quote Reply
Re: 'Don't Say Gay' law literally means don't say gay [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be 1000x more proud of my kid if they gave that speech than if they were a douche and refused to wear a mask in school.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: 'Don't Say Gay' law literally means don't say gay [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
SDG wrote:
Thom wrote:
SDG wrote:

Where did he admit that mask mandates were “all about perforative politics”?

Are you really asking if SDG can or bothers to read? Come on dude.
Quote Reply
Re: 'Don't Say Gay' law literally means don't say gay [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is June 1 so...

GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY

Please Ron don't come after me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
It is June 1 so...

GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY

Please Ron don't come after me.

Everyone is full of Pride.