Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo p5 top tube cable guide/cover
Quote | Reply
I’m building up a 2013 Cervelo P5-6 and will not be using the Aduro bars or plates so need a top tube cable guide cover.

Can someone confirm if 1) the stem storage with plate here https://www.incycle.com/...stem-storage-w-opkge and 2) the guide cover here https://www.tritownboise.com/...le-guide-for-p2.html will work for the 2013 P5?

If there are other options for the cable guide I am interested in hearing about those as well.

Thank you!

Travis
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 top tube cable guide/cover [mrfreeze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello
The 2nd link you posted should work. I don’t know about the 1st one.
What bar will you be using ?
For my recently assembled P5-6 without aduro bar, I 3d printed a cover for my alpha one bar

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 top tube cable guide/cover [pwai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
love that bike - nice custom work! appreciate the color-matching, too, from the brake levers up front through the stem and bento box back. I'm going with a blue-green color-changing metallic paint, and hoping it flows together as nicely as yours.

Thanks also for the tip on the cable guide - I'll go ahead and order one, so it's here and ready for paint soon.

For the bars, I picked up a TriRig Alpha X stem/bars off the forum, and will be using a Cane Creek Slamset for the headset and cover. Speaking of 3D printing, and color matching, I went with a rear storage box from Custom Bike Xcessories and will be painting that to match the bike as well

On your seat post, do you find the color comes off when clamping? I'm trying to figure out if I should keep the seat post black or color match (and I do like the color match look, from your bike)
Last edited by: mrfreeze: May 18, 22 14:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlphaX is a very nice choice. I have one at home too.. if you are not too much in a hurry I might be able to 3d print a cover for the AlphaX / p5 combo, PM me if interested (i’m not running a business here, just doing it for fun).
How do you plan to fix the front « nose » of the P5-6 to the bar?
For the seatpost paint, I found the clearcoat can be damaged when sliding the post in the bike.. but I did all the painting myself with spray cans so
- it might not be as scratch resistant as a pro paint
- I know I can repair it easily if scratched so I’m not that worried 😉
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 top tube cable guide/cover [pwai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the offer to do a cover, I really appreciate that! I'll get a DM to you for a convo on that.

Got the cable guide ordered, so hopefully it will be on the way shortly.

Thanks also for bringing up the question on how to mount the beard/nose - honestly I didn't realize it mounted to what sounds like the spacers that go with the Aduro. I did some googling and of course SlowTwitch comes up - this post, referencing this bike - but the pics of Caroline's bike for me don't really show where the spacer goes. I do have the Aduro spacers (just not the bars) so I'm guessing I'll need to Dremel the spacer which has screw-holes for the beard to mount to it? Thank you again for the consults on this!

Great work on the paint, btw! I'm doing mine by hand with cans, too - picked them up from Custom Paints, and will be using a 4-stage method with base, primer, paint, 2k clear.
Last edited by: mrfreeze: May 19, 22 6:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Under the aduro bar you can screw a "D-shaped spacer" with screw holes for the beard / nose. For my P5-6 I 3D printed a similar "D-shaped spacer" adapted to the alpha one.
I think I had already designed and prototyped one of those D shaped spacers for the alpha X as my initial project was to use the alpha X for the P5-6..

nice choice in the colors / cans, it's going to look great :)
Quote Reply