Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

training during trip to Austin?
Quote | Reply
Texas folks, I'll be in Austin in late June for a week for work. Staying near convention center with no car. Would love to get out for a long bike or two, recommendations for bike shop for road bike rental and any classic local routes? Any pools in downtown region?
Quote Reply
Re: training during trip to Austin? [vaughandvm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mellow Johnny's (owned by he who must not be named) for bike hire - they have some routes

There is a Y downtown - but I took the $15 uber to http://aasa-atx.com/ - phenomenal pool/set up and 2-3 masters sessions you can drop in on each day
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever you do just don't ride the old Austin 70.3 course. :-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://breakfastclubatx.com/

^^ lots of routes on their site and a bunch of group ride options on Saturday. I can give you other ideas if you don’t want to ride on Saturday

I’d get a bike from Mellow Johnny’s. It’s super easy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We start our rides from Austin TriCyclist and ride most Saturday and Sundays with rides from 3-5 hours normally on tap, usually in the hill country.

Let me know if that sounds like your cup of tea.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: training during trip to Austin? [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the invite, sounds great. Unfortunately I come in Tues and leave first thing Sat so won't be there over the weekend. Next time!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Barton Springs pool is in Austin, really cool thing to experience. However, might want to call ahead as I saw an article that it was closed on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday due to lack of lifeguards.

It does not have lap lanes designated, but I know folks lap swim there. The pool is like 200m long.
Quote Reply