Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shimano Dura Ace/ Ultegra Hydraulic TT Levers with out Di2 shifting.
Quote | Reply
Hey all - sorry if this has already been discussed.

Does Shimano make a dura ace or ultegra hydraulic TT brake lever with out the Di2 shifters built in? I am running micro-shift cable shifters on the ends of my extensions and for the time being, plan to keep those in place, but will likely need to upgrade my levers in the near future.

Thanks!
Kenny
Last edited by: kptilney: May 16, 22 13:50
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Dura Ace/ Ultegra Hydraulic TT Levers with out Di2 shifting. [kptilney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, they do not...
1. but you can source one with Di2 ones by removing digital guts (it is quite easy you just need philips screw driver and small hex keys)
2. there are some alternatives e.g. Sram s900 hrd and TRP HD-t910.

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Dura Ace/ Ultegra Hydraulic TT Levers with out Di2 shifting. [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok good to know. I guess at that point, would I even need to remove the electronics? Maybe just leave them in there and not use them? The Sram is also a good option. I'll look into those. thank you! I'm currenting using the TRP levers you suggested, they are actually the reason for this post to begin with. They're a bit too long for the new cockpit I have.
Last edited by: kptilney: May 17, 22 6:23
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Dura Ace/ Ultegra Hydraulic TT Levers with out Di2 shifting. [kptilney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh electronic parts are modular and can be easily put back to original form so no need to worry about it.

I am also using s900 hrd and their square-ish fluid tank design makes me really secured when I am on a steep descent. I love them but they are relatively hard to bleed (compared to Shimano's)

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also ditched my TRP levers and replaced them with Dura Ace Di2. I don't see why you couldn't just install them as-is and never connect the Di2 wire. The buttons don't seem to be very intrusive.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Dura Ace/ Ultegra Hydraulic TT Levers with out Di2 shifting. [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy,

Did you keep the same TRP calipers with the Dura Ace Levers? or did you upgrade those along with the levers? thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I kept the TRP calipers and haven't noticed any issues. The bike shop that did the swap for me even commented how well they worked together.
Quote Reply