Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Funny Movies & Shows [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to start dropping hints to my kids about this but tell them it's for elderly parental care. The older I get I tend to eat when I want and sleep when I want and don't need those meddling kids screwing up my golden yers.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Funny Movies & Shows [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As someone who not only works from home 40-something hours/week but is also a pretty-much-full-time elder caregiver, I can pretty much assure you that you may think you're eating & sleeping whenever you want, but that's not going to be entirely the truth

Or maybe I'm just a poor caregiver?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Funny Movies & Shows [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
sonofdad wrote:
1 - no
2 - Slap Shot, Animal House (of course), Hot Tub Time Machine
3 - 70-75 ( I had to look up quinquennial)

You looked it up and still gave a sextennial.

You got me, and most everyone else on this thread. 70-74, so that the results from this study are not skewed. Though I could have meant May of '70 - May of '75...

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Last edited by: sonofdad: May 12, 22 11:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Yes, kind of, based on your description in post 50 ("don’t ignore baby. Don’t hit baby with a fly swatter. Talk to baby. Comfort baby. Connect and make eye contact. You can sleep with baby. Feed when hungry. Sleep when tired."). But it wasn't an intentional, 'we'll do this kind of parenting approach' thing. It's just sort of where we ended up with the kid.

2. Ghostbusters, The Big Lebowski, Seinfeld

3. 1990 - 1995
Quote Reply
Re: Funny Movies & Shows [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all for your help. We are currently crunching the numbers & doing this & that.

If anyone has any unusual or unique ideas for funny movies & shows, now is a great time to post them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Have you ever participated in the attachment style of parenting (as a baby or as an adult); and
As a baby no, as a parent kind of.

2. Name 3 funny tv shows or movies that make you laugh.
Blackadder
Kath & Kim (very Australian humour)
Monty Pythons and the Holy Grail.

3. What quinquennial did you turn 18?
81-85
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Mitchells vs. the Machines. Watched on Netflix. Rather funny.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
Thank you all for your help. We are currently crunching the numbers & doing this & that.

If anyone has any unusual or unique ideas for funny movies & shows, now is a great time to post them.

Unique funny movie, Welcome to Collinwood

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:

The Detour was a short lived series on TBS that I thought was one of the funniest things on TV that nobody seemed to watch.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:

Every time I see that in the menu/guide, though, I think it's an old Dark Shadows movie #disappointed

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I legit had to look up 1 & 3🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

1. Yes.

2. Dumb and Dumber, Dodgeball, Office Space (Ace Ventura Pet Detective was there too but didn’t want 2 Jim Carrey movies).

3. 1990-1995

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If anyone has any unusual or unique ideas for funny movies & shows, now is a great time to post them
---
There are a couple of really great comedy movies to come out of the early 2000s. The first is a sit-com type called Saw. The second is a rom-com called Hostel. You should check out.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Funny Movies & Shows [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
mck414 wrote:

Every time I see that in the menu/guide, though, I think it's an old Dark Shadows movie #disappointed

Having seen both, and agree Dark Shadows was disappointing. Welcome to Collinwood is not. Now mind you, I first watched it while sitting in the middle of the Iraqi desert, so I was kind of a captive audience, but I've watched it a few times after returning to civilization and still found it funny.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
RandMart wrote:
mck414 wrote:

Having seen both, and agree Dark Shadows was disappointing. Welcome to Collinwood is not. Now mind you, I first watched it while sitting in the middle of the Iraqi desert, so I was kind of a captive audience, but I've watched it a few times after returning to civilization and still found it funny.

You’re right! It’s super funny! I’m 45 minutes into it and I like it. ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:

1. Not too attached, I think.
2. The Gods Must Be Crazy, Clerks, Airplane
3. 1980-1984

Less is more.
Quote Reply
Re: Funny Movies & Shows [Big Endian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your post.

I’m almost crying at the end of Welcome to Collinwood. It’s so sad and romantic. I love the bent-over old man who took off his pants. It had great funniness, too.

>sigh<
Quote Reply
Re: Funny Movies & Shows [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
CallMeMaybe wrote:

The Detour was a short lived series on TBS that I thought was one of the funniest things on TV that nobody seemed to watch.

Yes. That is an excellent call. I had forgotten about that show, but it is hilarious and probably the last series I watched that actually made me LOL.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) yes, as a parent
2) Meet the Fockers
Hangover
Deadpool
3) That was long time ago.
For everyone who using streaming services and does any kind of online search i would recommend to install a vpn service as written here.
Safety is the only thing which can't be ignored in my opinion.
Last edited by: MitchMcCrown: May 26, 22 15:42
Quote Reply
Re: Funny Movies & Shows [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never saw an episode, however the scene posted was hilarious. Might need to try to find it on the net.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. my mother-sort of..

2. Welcome to Woop Woop
Zorro the Gay Blade
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
My Cousin Vinny
The Jerk
Ferris Bueller's day off
Trading Places
Bridesmaids