Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats to the Avs! They were the better team this series and deserved the win. I told my wife between the 2-3rd period that I didn't see us tying it up because I didn't think we had anything left. That 3rd period reminded me of Game 2 - the Bolts just couldn't get out of their end. I'm sure ALL these guys are banged up; some more than others. Now just think about the fact that the Lightning have done that for 3 years in a row! The Bolts have played almost an entire extra season (72 postseason games) in the last 3 years. It showed at the end. That being said, our roster stays primarily intact (hopefully we don't lose Palat), and it won't surprise me if we're in the hunt again next year.
Quote Reply
Re: 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs [sake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't be mad at a rematch of this years final!

Was pretty bummed after flying out to Denver for Game 5 with hopes they could clinch at home (had the tickets before that was a possibility), but watching them win last night made that all go away. Been a fun year as an Avs fan - this year always felt "different" in how they were beating teams, come back wins and their trade deadline pickups really meshed well nearly out of the gate (Manson struggled a bit).

Will definitely be interesting to see what the injuries were like on both sides. For the Avs, they mentioned Burakovsky had a broken ankle (which he played on) and a broken thumb that required surgery. Val posted a pick of his foot and i'm pretty sure something is broken. Kadri/Cogliano both had surgery on fingers and probably shouldn't have played, but said 'screw it'. I'm sure there's a lot more too - Makar looked banged up last night. It's pretty wild what these guys put themselves through.
Quote Reply
Re: 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs [sake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sake wrote:
Congrats to the Avs! They were the better team this series and deserved the win. I told my wife between the 2-3rd period that I didn't see us tying it up because I didn't think we had anything left. That 3rd period reminded me of Game 2 - the Bolts just couldn't get out of their end. I'm sure ALL these guys are banged up; some more than others. Now just think about the fact that the Lightning have done that for 3 years in a row! The Bolts have played almost an entire extra season (72 postseason games) in the last 3 years. It showed at the end. That being said, our roster stays primarily intact (hopefully we don't lose Palat), and it won't surprise me if we're in the hunt again next year.

Yeah I started getting exciting about 5 mins into the third. They started to realize how close they were and turned up the speed. Which that by itself is remarkable. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with who they can resign. Ton of rumors floating around, but Sakic will need to do stuff real quick on these. My guess is a lot of these are already “signed” just not announced because of the playoffs.
Quote Reply
Re: 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd guess Kadri and Manson are gone, Val and Lehky are back. As much as i wished folks would give the Avs the ol' 'home team discount' i don't see it happening. Darcy is a big ? for me. Do you pay him Stanley Cup winning goalie money or try to go a different route? Not really sure there are better options out there though.

Really curious what this core will look like with the monkey off their back. Do they play more freely or do they lose their edge because they finally got it? Can next season start already?
Quote Reply
Re: 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs [ahaberkorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the downtime of the off season, we know what Ovi's been up to ...

Quote Reply

Prev Next